Chapter 14 - we are just worried about you

Christina was being stubborn when Max told her that she was his mate

Christina was being stubborn when Max told her that she was his mate. She refused to believe everything we told her about mates, witches, vampires, and werewolves. Raven tried to talk about it with her. Max was desperate and asked Nick and Bob to talk to her. They did try to explain her what a mate meant for us. How it feels to be together, how the other can't life without the other. But she refused to believe us.

So, Max being desperate we all went for a hike in the forest. We explained her again and then, being on neutral grounds, Nick shifted into his wolf. She screamed and fainted, and when she finally woke up, she refused to talk with us.
We didn't hear from her for a week. Raven kept me informed. This morning we got a text from her telling us that Christina had decided to leave the city. She was running away from us, but mostly from Max.

Raven texted us again that she had convinced Christina to go the nightclub one last time before they left the city, celebrating their last night in the city.

Max who didn't want to lose his mate, took us to the club. When we got there, we saw Raven and Christina dancing. Raven saw us and waved us over when Christina noticed us too. She turned towards Raven and started arguing with her. Max rushed up to her and pulled her in for a kiss. At first, she struggled, her eyes wide open, hands balled into fist. When the shock was over, she relaxed, and she pulled him closer and kissed him finally back.

Raven and I stood at the side both with a smile on our face but also both with tears running over our cheeks. Mostly of joy for them but I also felt a sting, knowing that I would never experience a love like that with my mate. I had lost my chance with my mate but maybe we could find Raven her mate. She told me last week that she had sketched over the years many times the man that got her out the car and some of his wolf too.

I pulled her closer "Raven, can you show me your sketches?"

"Yes, why?"

"I am going to take some pictures of them and sent them to everyone I know. Maybe someone will recognize him."

"Of course, Flo. And thank you."

*****

A few days later it was time to travel further, Christina and Raven packed their belongings and came with us to our next destination, New Orleans. Bob had arranged that we could stay at the Shadow pack. Their Beta welcomed us in his pack and apologized for the absence of his Alpha. His mate was in labor, and he wanted to stay with her. Beta Klaus showed us to our rooms. Raven stayed with me, and she was eager to see the way a pack lived.

When we were installed, I got an idea. "Do you want to meet Nayla, my wolf?"

She jumped of her bed and fell on the floor, her bed sheets wrapped around her legs "Oops, Yes! I love too."

We walked toward a quiet spot, and I walked behind a tree. When I came back, Raven sat down on her knees and looked up at me. "God, Flo you are a big wolf."