Chapter 17 - more a large puppy

Raven nodded and took my hand in hers

Raven nodded and took my hand in hers. Opening the door, we followed Matt in. I don't know how many stairs and halls we walked through, the scent of rotten flesh came through. Loud growling came through the door, and with every step closer it became even worse.

"He is quite active today." Matt remarqued.

"Maybe he can sense me." Raven said quietly, but with hope in her voice.

"He is chained up; he can't get to you. Okay?" Raven and I nodded.

Matt opened the door and 2 golden glowing eyes glared at us from inside the cell. Matt lightened the torches in the cell and Xander became more visible. He stood on his hind legs, like a human but he was more beast. His whole body was covered in fur, he was growling and snarling at us. He stood at 7ft and was mostly transformed into his wolf. Drool dripped from his mouth; his tongue licked his lips.

"Xander, I have someone with me today. Are you ready to meet her?" Matt asked him.

Xander just growled and snarled at him in response. Raven stepped carefully inside the cell while I stayed in the hall.

"Hi Lux, I am Raven. I don't know if you remember me, but I have waited for you. I searched everywhere for you."

He growled again at her, sniffing the air. His eyes flashed from gold to green and back. He whined and he tried to get closer to her, like he wanted to be sure. Raven stepped closer and reached carefully out to him.

He snapped at her.

"Sorry Lux, I don't want to hurt you. I want to meet you. Do you remember me? We met a while ago; I was in a car accident..." He growled again and bended his head a bit to sniff again "MATE" he growled at her. He whined; recognition dawned on his face.
"I know Lux, I am sorry for not staying. I didn't understand. Everyone said that I was hallucinating."

He growled and whined again at her "MATE." He tried to come close and fought against his restraints. He howled loud.

"I don't think it is safe Raven." Matt said while he stepped closer to her.

Raven shook her head at Matt "No, stay back!" Then she looked back to Xander "Lux I'm coming closer now." He stood still and looked curious at her. She touched his chest and he started to purr. It was loud and rumbled all around us.

Matt his eyes widened "He never react to us like that."

"It's the mate bond. It's still there. Maybe she can pull him out." I said.

"I really hope so."

Raven was now petting his head; Lux was almost folded in half so she could reach him. He licked her face and she giggled. "Lux! You need a bad. You reek!" He growled at her and whined again.

Raven turned around, her eyes sparkled with happiness. "Can I have a bathtub in here? I'm going to wash him." And then she whispered, "and a lot of soap, he is really filthy."