10: The Couch

Lydia's POV

"I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick, then you can finish talking," Mr. Hudson said before getting off the couch.

He was surprisingly easy to talk to. And he wasn't judgmental even when I rambled on about nonsense or boring topics.

Asher's words kept ringing in my head. "You're no fun. You never do anything but what you're told... No wonder you're still a virgin." Well the jokes on him because I'm not a virgin. And the person that I did it with would most definitely not make me be considered a rule follower. Who am I kidding? I did it one time with a teacher. And the reason I did it was for grades.

"You're no fun."

Sometimes I wondered why Chloe and I were friends. We were complete opposites, yet somehow we worked so well. Aside from dance, we barely had anything in common, but we just understood each other. We gave each others' lives balance. I gave her serenity and reason. She gave me risks and good disruption.

"You're no fun."

I could be fun. I could be a lot of fun if I wanted to. I could break rules. I just chose not to. Maybe breaking a couple of rules every once in a while wouldn't be so bad.

Mr. Hudson's POV

Talking to Lydia about her boy problems made me realize how small high school problems were compared to adulthood. Of course, I was a high schooler once and I thought my issues were the whole world. But then you grow up, get married, buy a house, pay some bills, find out your wife is cheating on you, pay some more bills, and you realize how small high school was in the whole scheme of your life.

But I still enjoyed hearing her talk about it. It brought me out of my world for a couple of minutes. Watching her eyes light up when she got excited about a topic just made her that much more fascinating. And that much more beautiful. What the hell am I talking about? I can't say that.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom. Lydia seemed to be so deep in thought that she didn't even realize I had come back. I checked the time on my watch. 2:09 am. Shit!

"It's getting late. You should probably head back to your tent."

"Hmm," she looked at me. "Oh right!" She stood up.

I went to open the door for her and when I turned around she reached up and kissed me. I didn't process it until a couple of seconds after.

I grabbed both of her arms to pull her off of me. "Whoa," was all I could manage to get out.

She looked at me shocked, "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I don't know what I was doing. I- I just...," she sighed and reached for the door.

In one swift move, I pulled her back in by her waist and connected our lips. It took her a second to loosen up, but once she did she wrapped her arms around my neck. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I walked over to the couch and sat down causing her to straddle me.

She slowly started slipping her hands under my shirt. She wrapped her hand around the waistband of my sweatpants.

I grabbed her wrist. "What are you doing?"

"I just thought..."

"We can't do this again. You know that."

"Please."

Her eyes said a thousand different words at once. I knew that the first time shouldn't have happened, but since it did, it should've been the only time. But she kissed me as if she craved me and I couldn't deny that it was turning me on.