6: The Wife

I dropped off my permission slip in the front office with Close.

"I'm just saying," she started back up again. "If I had to hook up with any teacher, it would be Ms. Reagan." I laughed at her. "I know it sound crazy and I'm not gay, but I can just tell that she would know what she's doing."

"Oh my gosh. Just shut up," I playfully slapped her arm.

"I'm serious though." Honestly, I had forgotten how we had even gotten on this subject, but I really wanted to get off before she asked me. "What about you?" Too late I guess.

"Um, I don't know."

"oh come on. You can't tell me that there's never been a time where you've looked at a teacher and thought, 'If I were a bit older or they were a bit younger, I'd hit that.'"

"Nope. I've been too focused on my grades, unlike some people."

"I'll let you know, the lowest grade I have right now is a C. And there's only one C."

"What class," I asked, trying to distract her from the previous topic.

"Math."

"Come to my house after school, I'll help you."

"You sure your mom won't mind?"

I looked at her and we both burst out laughing. "That was a good one Chlo." My mom and Chloe loved each other. My mom treated Chloe like her second daughter.

"I'll come over then. You're a lifesaver."

"I know. I'm amazing," I gave a huge smile.

We walked into Mr. Hudson's class. It was empty when we got there because the dismissal bell for the cafeteria hadn't rang yet. He was talking to a woman. There was no one else in the classroom so we went right to our seats. They seemed to be in an intense conversation. They didn't notice us until Mr. Hudson looked up at us.

"Lydia, Chloe. Hello ladies!"

"Who are they?" the woman asked with a straight face.

"My students." Mr. Hudson rolled his eyes.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you ladies. I'm his wife, Victoria."

His wife! I had never once seen Mr. Hudson wear a wedding ring. I looked at his hand and he was sure wearing one now. I of all people would remember if he was married. Oh my gosh! I'm a homewrecker. I looked at Victoria and tried to keep my composure. I didn't want to give off any signs that I was guilty of something.

"Which one of you is Lydia?" She looked between me and Chloe. Oh my gosh does she know already?

Chloe pointed at me. This dumb bitch. "Hi," I said quietly. I subtly looked over at Mr. Hudson but he was looking at his computer, as calm as could be.

"I've heard so much about you," Victoria said smiling. I couldn't tell if it was genuine.

"You have?" I tried not to give myself away. I would see what she knew first.

"Yes. You're the prodigy aren't you? My husband says your papers are the easiest to grade because they are always perfect."

"Oh," I said, shocked. I wasn't expecting her to say that. "Well, yeah that's me."

"What's the extra bag for?" she pointed at my dance bag.

"I have dance practice after this."

"I used to be a dancer, I did ballet. What do you do?"

"Ballet, contemporary, jazz. You know the stereotypical stuff."

"Wow! Smart and a dancer, I'm impressed. Well if you're so good at school, you have to be good at dance."

"She is," Chloe budded in. "She's the best dancer at our academy."

"You dance as well," she looked over at Chloe. "I can just tell by looking at you two that you're good. What dance do you do?"

"Ballet, jazz, tap, and hip hop," Chloe said proudly. Chloe was as great of a dancer as me, maybe even better. She just never liked to admit it, even to herself.

"Impressive as well. Who's the better dancer between you two?" We both pointed at each other and smiled. "Thought so," she laughed. "We would love to see you guys perform sometime. Wouldn't we, Daniel?"

She looked back at Mr. Hudson and he looked up through his glasses. "Sure, that would be nice." That would be so awkward.

Victoria pulled out her phone and handed it to Chloe. "Here. Type in your dance studio and phone number." Chloe types the information in and hands the phone back. "I hope you guys are worth the watch."

"Oh we are," Chloe said, confident as always. The bell rang. Students would soon start piling into class.

"Well," Victoria started. "I'd better head back to work." She walked back over to Mr. Hudson and lifted his chin to give him a kiss on the lips. It made me uncomfortable for some reason. Probably because I kissed those same lips a couple of days ago. "Have a nice day girls. Good luck at rehearsals." She waved.

"Bye," Chloe and I said in unison.

...

The bell finally rang and class ended. I handed Chloe the keys to my car. "Go in my car and wait, I have a question."

"Wow, the Lydia Rose has a question. Thought I'd never see the day." With that she walked off.

I waited till everyone was gone to walk up to Mr. Hudson's desk. He was looking at his computer and didn't look up at me. I knocked my fist on the desk and he looked up at me slowly with tired eyes. "How may I help you Miss Rose?"

"You never told me you had a wife. If I'd known that I wouldn't have done what I did."

"It's fine." He looked back down at his computer.

"No! That makes me a homewrecker," I said on the brink of tears. I got too emotional over the smallest things and wasn't emotional enough on the bigger things. Ironic, isn't it?

"You didn't know I was married, therefore you're not a home wrecker."

"And how could you not feel anything after cheating on your wife? That's messed up. And I helped you ruin a marriage. Oh my gosh," I turned around and ran my hands through my hair as a tear dropped. I felt terrible. I already knew what I did was wrong, but this just made it worse.

Mr. Hudson rested an arm on my shoulder. "Lydia."

I brushed his arm off, picked up my bag and walked out of the classroom. I needed to compose myself before I got into the car with Chloe. I went to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I applied some eye drops to my slightly red eyes and dried off my face.

I had done exactly what my dad had done to my mom. I guess that's why I felt so bad about it. At least I didn't know he had a wife. I didn't know what to do with myself from this point on.

He has a wife. Does that make you guys feel even worse about him lol? 

How did you feel about Lydia's reaction? 

Umm... hope you enjoyed it! What did you guys think of the chapter? Also, don't forget to vote.