8: The Cabin

I immediately regretted my choice to come to this party. Everyone was high or drunk and grinding up against each other. Chloe was nice enough to stay with me the whole time. I never understood how people could just leave their friend unattended at parties without making sure it was okay first.

Eventually, a guy asked Chloe if she wanted to dance, and I let her go. I knew where it was heading, and I wouldn't deny her the "opportunity".

A couple of seconds later though Asher sat next to me. "Hey, are you enjoying yourself?"

"Not really," I said.

"Here," he said, passing me a cup. "Have a drink. Loosen up a bit."

"No thanks. I don't drink."

"What are you talking about? Everyone drinks."

"Well, clearly not everyone."

"So you've never drank alcohol before?" I shook my head. "Well, tonight's as good a night as any to start."

"I'm good, seriously."

"Come on."

"Asher," I said, raising my voice. I stood up to leave.

He grabbed my wrist. "I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to be so tense. I won't pressure you." I sighed and sat back down. "Don't take this as me being personal, but why don't you drink?"

"One, I'm underage," I looked over at him. "and two, it makes me uncomfortable."

"How come?"

"I just don't like not being in control of situations I'm in. I'd rather go into things with a clear head."

"Sounds like you've gotten drunk before and regretted it."

"No, I haven't. I've just seen what drinking can do to a person."

"You can't judge an experience you haven't had by seeing someone else's experience."

I shrugged. He leaned in for a kiss and I backed up. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, I just thought... never mind."

"Sorry, I just..."

"No. You know what?" he stood up and looked down at me. "Whatever. I thought I made it pretty clear that I liked you and you were flirting back with me. Clearly, you're just a stuck up tease. I don't even know why I wanted to date you. You're no fun. You never do anything but what you're told. Who would want to be with a girl like that? No wonder you're still a virgin and you've never had a boyfriend." He walked away.

This was one of those big moments where I probably should've cried but just couldn't. Of course, I was mad with a hint of sadness, but the tears wouldn't come out, even if I wanted them to. But I didn't want them to. I didn't deserve to be talked to like that. So I wasn't gonna waste tears over that boy.

Plus, he didn't know anything about me. He can't just expect a girl to give him something because he's nice and he thinks he deserves it. That's not how life works. I noticed he left his cup next to me.

You have two choices Lydia. Either be the bigger person and leave that conversation where it stands, or you can pour the drink on his head... But, you're always the bigger person...

Before Asher could get far, I picked up the cup and walked over to him. I tapped on his shoulder.

"What?" I poured the drink on his head. "What the hell are you doing?" He yelled.

"Being fun." I shrugged with a smirk and walked away before he could say or do anything else. He didn't deserve my breath on a long speech about etiquette. He would learn the hard way. Even if it wasn't by me, eventually he would learn.

I started heading to the teachers' cabins where the kitchen was. I started to get hungry and candy wasn't enough to fill me. I didn't know if I was allowed in so I tried to be quiet so no one could hear me. I went into the freezer and found frozen blueberry waffles. I also found a toaster and maple syrup.

I shrugged, "this should do."

Someone cleared their throat, frightening me and causing me to drop the box of waffles. I turned around quickly to see who it was. Mr. Hudson. Of course. "What might you be doing here, young lady?"

"Sorry. I got hungry. But if I'm not allowed I can go." I picked up the waffles from the floor.

"Nah, it's okay I'm just messing with you."

"Oh," I said, placing the box on the counter.

"Blueberry waffles, good choice." I just nodded. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure," I said, not meeting his eyes. I started getting my waffles together.

"I wanted to apologize."

Umm... hope you enjoyed it! What did you guys think of the chapter? Also, don't forget to vote.