027 | GASOLINE

027 | GASOLINE

( gasoline — halsey )

" you can't wake up
this is not a dream
you're part of a machine
you are not a human being "

" you can't wake upthis is not a dreamyou're part of a machine you are not a human being "

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK
_________________________

               ASPEN was discharged from the hospital in two days. The doctors were slightly baffled at how quick the tissue in her wounds had began to heal itself up, though.

Aspen had insisted Jordan went in to work today, and made the promise they would have the talk when she was discharged, which would be later that day. Jordan had talked to the doctors himself who had reassured the Hayes man that his fiancé's condition was improving rapidly and she'd be in perfect health in no time— which had put Jordan more at ease with the whole going to work thing.

Seeing as the majority of the old group of friends were only in New York right now due to carefully laid traps, most of them got on a flight to Manhattan, and didn't drive. Aspen hadn't had her own car in years either— the red Toyota Stiles' father bought her for graduation was sitting in Melissa McCall's driveway back in Beacon Hills. Stiles hadn't owned a car since he gave his Jeep to Scott, so the only one of them in the city that actually had their own car was Malia.

Aspen could've called a town car to take her back to her apartment, but opted for taking Malia up on the offer instead. Malia had brought Aspen some of her own clothes to change into out of the hospital scrubs—consisting of a plain pair of mom jeans and a long sleeve black tee. Since it was now the bitter cold of December, she also brought Aspen a fluffy blazer style coat to wrap up warm in.

"You ready to get goin'?" Malia asked Aspen from the doorway of her hospital room, her arms crossed over her chest, leaning on the wall.

"Yeah," Aspen smiled in Malia's direction, "Thanks for the change of clothes, by the way—I swear I get PTSD just from the feeling of hospital scrubs..."

Aspen said it in a light-hearted joking manner, but she was not kidding. Ever since she was locked up in Eichen House nearly eleven years ago— the feeling of scrubs made her recoil. It definitely ruled out any career in medicine had she ever wanted to go down that path.

Aspen finished throwing on Malia's coat, grabbed her phone and slid it in her pocket, and headed for the door. From there, she just had to sign a few forms as the doctors discharged her, and then she made it outside to Malia's car and headed back 'home'.

_______________________

Aspen rested her elbow on the windowsill of the passenger side of Malia's car, resting her head in the palm of her hand. She stared out of the window at the dark night sky— it was only five 'o' clock, but it was December— it got dark early now.