040 | THE BEGINNING OF THE END

( the beginning of the end — clergy & valerie broussard )

" rise and the fall
descending into madness
the writing's on the wall
starting a fire
'cause all you really wanted
was just to watch the world burn
so watch it burn . . .
oh, oh,
the beginning of the end "

_______________________________

AS EVENING FELL on the seventeenth of December, a dead body was found in the drivers seat of a car wreck.

The car wreck where the body had been found was set on fire, burst into flames when a civilian stumbled upon the scene and found the victim without a trace of any pulse.

The cause of death was reported to be the traces of aconite poisoning found in the victim's lungs, rather than the impact of the crash or the burns on the body which were determined to be post-mortem.

Crime-scene analysts also determined that the car's entire system, including the locks controls had been overridden by an outside source— as when the victim attempted to escape once poisoned by the aconite, they could not open the doors.

They had been trapped.

It had also been determined that this was a case of homicide, though no suspects have been brought in for questioning.

The media speculates it to be another Manhattan Murderer attack, given the convenient timing, and the fact that three months have now passed since the murder of Ethan Steiner.

On the night of the seventeenth of December, a life was taken. Someone very close to Aspen Bellator.

Ace Carter's funeral was held two days later.

//