*029 | MARRY YOU

*029 | MARRY YOU

( marry you — bruno mars )

" it's a beautiful night
we're looking for something fun to do
hey baby
i think i wanna marry you "

" it's a beautiful nightwe're looking for something fun to do hey babyi think i wanna marry you "

DECEMBER, 2 YEARS AGO (2022)
PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA

_____________________________

                  "I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO MEET MY FAMILY," Jordan said with a love-smitten grin as he lifted Aspen's suitcase to place in the trunk of his car— as the couple were on their way to Philadelphia for the next week, "I just know my mom's gonna love you."

Aspen smiled a little nervously, "It's kinda scary," she chuckled, "I mean— the whole meet the family thing, a lot of pressure, right?"

"Are you kidding? Course not," Jordan said as he closed the boot of the car, "I've met yours."

"Yeah, that's different," Aspen rolled her eyes, "You only had one older brother to meet— who instantly loved you." she then started to ramble a lot more nervously, "I, on the other hand, have two parents to meet, aunties, uncles, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, grandparents—"

"It's the holidays," Jordan chuckled, shooting her a soft grin to keep her calm and reassured, "I've got a big family— and we all spend the holidays at my grandparent's place in Philly. And you won't be the only girlfriend there, my brother Luke's bringing his girlfriend too, her name's Phoebe."

"How long have they been together?" Aspen asked curiously as she leant on the hood of Jordan's car.

"Less time than us," Jordan shot another grin, "He started dating her earlier this year—you and I have almost reached the two year mark—so if anyone's getting the 'Girlfriend Grilling' this Christmas, it'll be her—not you, I promise."

"I've never been this stressed for Christmas before," Aspen sighed—running a hand through her hair, "I mean, I've never had to buy like twenty gifts before for people I've never met— no one in your family has an allergy to nuts, right? I bought a heck of a lot of chocolate and I didn't really check if they contained—"

"Asp," Jordan cut her off, placing his hands on her shoulders, raising his brows at her as she pouted a bit, and then sighed a deep breath. "My family is going to love you just as much as I do. You don't have to buy their love in chocolate— but no— no one's allergic to nuts."

Aspen couldn't help but smile, feeling slightly more relaxed now than before, "Okay..." she sighed, kissing him chastely and sweetly on the lips, "Let's get goin'— Manhattan traffic's a bitch."

_____________________________

Aspen took in a deep breath as she watched Jordan ring the doorbell to his old childhood home, noticing the festive wreath hung up on the wooden door and the Merry Christmas doormat by their feet.