EPILOGUE II

10 YEARS LATER . . .
Portland, Maine

______________________________

      BELLE STILINSKI was growing up to be quite the difficult teenager.

Stiles loved fatherhood— but boy if he didn't start growing premature grey hairs every time his sixteen year old daughter asked if she could go hang out with her two best friends— who were boys.

Sebastian and Shawn.

Now Stiles loved Shawn— Shawn rocked a shaggy hair cut. Shawn never left any lingering looks of longing on Stiles' teenage daughter—Shawn was cool.

But Sebastian— or 'Seb' as he apparently 'liked to be called'— Stiles saw straight through that boy.

Belle kept swearing on her life that she was just friends with the both of them— but there was a certain way her eyes lit up any time she mentioned Seb.

Seb also happened to be a very scrawny kid who managed to rock a buzzcut— so it was safe to say when he started coming over, Stiles was absolutely scared shitless.

The day he formally met Belle's 'best friend' Seb— was the day Stiles officially ruled in the "bedroom door stays open" rule, and according to his daughter, nearly lost his status as the Cool Dad.

Belle had replied "ew— Dad! He's just a friend!"

Tonight— was the night before Belle's first day of sophomore year. Stiles was up late doing work on the kitchen table (he worked for the local police department, he was the lead investigator in things like disappearances and murders). To his left, on the kitchen table, was a book which was bookmarked about halfway through.

Bittersweet Endings, the New York Times bestseller, by Aspen Bellator.

Stiles had re-read the book hundreds of times— he never could get bored of it. About six months after her death, Stiles made it his personal mission to get her book which she'd spent most of her life writing published.

Any time he walked past a book store or a stand on the street selling the book, he bought it. Despite the fact he had about fifty copies of it at home.

At about eight o'clock, Belle came downstairs.

"Hey Dad?!" she yelled as she came down to the living room, "Shawn and Seb are waiting for me outside— can I go out if I promise to be home by midnight?"

Stiles practically slammed his laptop lid down in shock.

"I'm sorry, midnight?" he scoffed, "Do I need to remind you your curfew is ten 'o' clock?"

"But Dad!" Belle whined, "I'm sixteen now, can't it be pushed back by like an hour?"

Stiles scoffed again, turning in his chair to look at his daughter with his arms crossed and eyes raised with accusation.

"Hmm.. let me think about that—" Stiles replied, "No!"

Belle groaned, rolling her eyes, heading to the door to let her friends in anyway.

The sixteen year old Stilinski girl opened the door, greeting the two boys, and then saying—"I can't come— my dad's being a total snooze-fest."

The one with the buzzcut hopped over the couch chaotically and walked up to Stiles—"Oh come on, Mr. S! You're the cool dad!"

"So I'm told," Stiles replied, scrutinising the teenage boy, "So— where is it exactly that you want to take my daughter? In the middle of the night before your first day of sophomore year, huh?"