043 | BONNIE AND CLYDE ARE LEAVING TONIGHT

( bonnie and clyde — brigitte bardot )

" someday they'll go down together,
they'll bury them side by side,
to you it will be grief
to the law, a relief
but it's death for Bonnie & Clyde "

( leaving tonight — the neighbourhood )

" all alone, all we know
is haunting me
making it harder to breathe,
harder to breathe, oh,
i'm leaving tonight
i'm leaving tonight
i'm leaving tonight, yeah "

" all alone, all we know is haunting memaking it harder to breathe, harder to breathe, oh, i'm leaving tonight i'm leaving tonight i'm leaving tonight, yeah "

MANHATTAN,
NEW YORK
_____________________________

"SO... are we ever gonna talk about how you strangled me tonight...?"

Aspen and Stiles hadn't spoken a word on the way back from the crime scene. Considering they had just committed several crimes like murder, vandalism and arson— they had to be laying low for the time being. So they didn't go back to the hotel Aspen had been staying in—it was a fancy, high profile hotel in the middle of New York City—they had to be more careful than that considering the night they'd just had.

So they checked back into Stiles' motel instead— which was much less fancy. It had a small room with only the basic essentials and a tiny bathroom— but they didn't care, none of that mattered.

They'd fled the scene in typical Bonnie and Clyde fashion before the cop cars and ambulances appeared, but now they were in the motel room, sitting down on opposite sides of it, staring across at each other in a heavy silence— that was, until Stiles broke it with that question.

Aspen was leant up against the door, clutching her knees to her chest as she ran her hands through her hair in immense distress.

In one night—she'd stalked her enemy, murdered her enemy, and come a fraction away from death herself.

And to say that Stiles was pissed would be an understatement.

As Stiles asked the question, he looked up at her from the other side of the room where he was pretty much mirroring her position on the floor, leaning his back against the wall. His eyes were narrowed— that same betrayed look in them that Aspen had seen earlier that night.

"Actually I..." Aspen murmured in response, meeting his angry gaze, "I just applied enough pressure to your carotid artery to make you temporarily pass out... I mean— if you wanna get technical..."

"Well it felt like I was being strangled." Stiles shot back in a harsh tone, glaring into her eyes with that look of betrayal in his own.

Stiles had spent years trying to become a man who would never be deemed helpless again. Back in high school— he hated when the world kept putting the love of his life through the damn ringer, and all he could ever do was sit back and watch her world implode. Ten years later— he thought he'd finally become someone worthy of protecting her in ways he could never do before.