011 | INTERROGATION

011 | INTERROGATION

( interrogation — james )

❝ let the records show
liars, lies and self-deceit
digging a hole,
digging a hole ❞

 ❝ let the records showliars, lies and self-deceit liars, lies and self-deceit digging a hole,   digging a hole ❞

ATTICA PRISON,
NEW YORK
____________________________

                ASPEN WAS MORE PREPARED THIS TIME. Having already gone through the pain and awkwardness of seeing Stiles again once, she was better prepared to do it a second time. Besides, she was only here to talk about the case and their trial strategy— it was completely professional.

She heard the sound of the buzz, as a guard opened up the door to the same room she'd been in last time. Aspen was dressed in another navy blue pencil skirt, a white button down and a matching navy blazer to complete the suit, her feet clad in navy stilettos.

She walked into the room, seeing Stiles was already inside this time, still dressed in the same orange jumpsuit, but this time he wasn't handcuffed. His hair was dishevelled, even messier than last time, and his eyes looked darkened, like this place was deteriorating his hope.

"Hi..." she greeted, slightly less awkwardly than last time as she walked into the room, her heels clinking on the ground as she took a seat opposite him on the other side of the metal steel table.

"Hey," Stiles murmured, forcing a small smile as he looked opposite at her.

"Your uh— your case is looking pretty optimistic," Aspen said, taking out the file from her handbag and putting it on the table. Stiles noticed it looked a lot fuller and heavier than it did last time.

"Uh, that's great," Stiles cleared his throat a little awkwardly, his uncuffed hands rested in his lap.

"Yeah," Aspen nodded, "the evidence displayed by the prosecution is unsustainable at best. And if you're telling me the truth— which I believe you are— proving your innocence should prove to be fairly easy."

"What about the DNA they said they found on the gun?" Stiles asked, starting to avoid eye contact now as he just stared at the file instead.

"That's the only part I've been struggling with," Aspen explained, "Do you have any idea how this killer would've gotten your DNA? How they would've planted it on the murder weapon?"

Stiles sighed, shrugging. "DNA could be anything, right? Hair, sweat, finger prints...?"

"Or blood." Aspen replied, "Did you get wounded that night? Leave any of your blood at the scene?"

"My memory of the whole thing is pretty hazy, to be honest." Stiles muttered, "All I can remember was heading into the warehouse, realising I got there too late when I heard the gunshot go off. When I went to go check it out— Ethan's body was the only thing I found..."