007 | I'M FINE

007 | I'M FINE

( i'm fine — ashe )

❝ woke up too early
almost put salt in my coffee
oh thank god that you stopped me
before that❞

❝ woke up too early almost put salt in my coffee oh thank god that you stopped me before that❞

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

___________________________

ASPEN woke up for work the next morning, rolling over her king-sized, satin-sheeted bet to slam the alarm clock off, groaning at the sound of the relentless beeping.

From beside her, Jordan started to wake up too, as she sat up on the edge of the bed, staring at the floor as she let out a big sigh.

"Morning, babe," Jordan said in a very groggy morning voice, rolling over to her side of the bed, wrapping an arm around her waist as he kissed her arm chastely.

"Morning," Aspen replied, turning over her shoulder to look at him in his half-naked morning state.

"You wanna hop in the shower with me?" Jordan said, leaning his elbow on the mattress, his head rested on his palm as he looked up at her with a loving smile.

"I can't this morning," Aspen said softly, kissing him shortly before standing up off the bed, "I need to get to the office ASAP, I'm swamped with this upcoming trial."

Aspen then walked out of the bedroom, leaving him to stare after her longingly with a grin on his face.

Jordan really did love her, a lot.

Aspen headed to their shared dressing room, putting on her clothes for the office, consisting of a sheer pair of black tights, a knee-length pencil skirt, a maroon button up blouse, and a smart black blazer. She decided to just throw her hair into a clean high pony tail, put a bit of minimal jewellery on and completing it with a pair of black stilettos.

She headed to the kitchen to make her daily cup of coffee whilst Jordan finished up getting dressed.

Aspen's head was in a mess right now—ever since last week, when she saw Stiles in prison, being in the same room as her first love for the first time in five years.

She grabbed a mug from one of the cabinets and set the kettle on, sighing as she leant on the kitchen counter waiting for the coffee to brew.

She checked her phone, seeing a few emails from Christina about the case, a couple instagram notifications and a text message from Jackson.

JACKSON: I'm sorry about last week. I lashed out at you and it wasn't fair.

Aspen rubbed her eyes in fatigue, setting her phone back down, deciding she'd reply to that message later on in the day. She didn't hold any bed feelings towards Jackson about their interaction— he was grieving, he had every right to act out especially due to the circumstance. She sympathised with him a whole lot.