026 | IT TURNED INTO SOMETHING BIGGER

( the great war — taylor swift )

" it turned into something bigger
somewhere in the haze
got a sense i'd been betrayed "

" it turned into something bigger somewhere in the haze got a sense i'd been betrayed "

NORTH GENERAL HOSPITAL
— MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

___________________________

SCOTT AND STILES heard the sound of the ambulance blasting down the streets which were now busying again after being fled to a ghost town-like crisp earlier that night. They were supposed to be on their way to Aspen's apartment so the three of them could talk—but the street was so crowded they could barely get past. At first, they hadn't thought much of the ambulance's siren—it was night in New York city, anything could've happened.

But then Scott's hearing zeroed in on a one-sided conversation between a paramedic and someone being rolled onto a stretcher.

"Ma'am, can you tell me your name?" said the paramedic, but they were barely getting any responses from the hardly conscious woman.

Stiles walked up to a nearby reporter and asked— "Excuse me, what happened here?"

"A woman was attacked," the female reporter replied, "Apparently it's stab wounds, she's in and out of consciousness from what we can see."

Scott and Stiles glanced at each other.

"Uh, why so many reporters?" Stiles inquired further, "It's New York, muggings happen every day..."

"Word on the street is it's a failed Manhattan Murderer attack." The news lady replied, "About twenty minutes ago—these streets were empty, everyone was screaming and running like their lives depended on it. I interviewed someone a moment ago who says they recall seeing an arrow being fired."

Scott and Stiles glanced at each other again—this time with much wider, horrified eyes.

Scott's eyes glanced over at the ambulance where the woman on the stretcher was about to be rolled in, and his hearing picked up on the conversation where she was starting to give verbal responses.

"As—Aspen..." she finally said, breathing heavily as she ached in her whole body, "Aspen Bel— Carter..."

"Oh my God..." Stiles uttered under his breath, completely horrified as he grabbed Scott by the arm and the two of them ran over to the ambulance.

Stiles' heart dropped to the depths of his stomach when he saw the wounds on Aspen's body as she was wheeled into the ambulance carefully. Her eyes were slowly blinking open and closed, as her breaths were heavy and wheezed.