These Damn Park Parents

"Boys wake up! We're going back to the house!" Newt's mom yelled as she banged on the door.

"We here you mum! Go away!" Newt yells back, throwing a pillow at the door.

"You have an hour before we leave! Hurry up!"

Newt groans and Thomas laughs. "Come on, babe. Get ready."

"Ugh I don't wanna." Newt complains. Thomas shoves him lightly and says something about how he shouldn't complain and that he was the one whose ass hurt.

Newt chuckles and kisses his boyfriend before getting up and changing into a pair of black skinny jeans and at black tank top that says; Pick your ass up and finish what you've started, in white letters. He goes into the bathroom and when he comes out Thomas is dressed in similar clothing but his shirt is a t-shirt that says It doesn't matter.

Thomas goes into the bathroom and finishes getting ready. When he comes out Newt checks him out. "How'd I get so damn lucky?" Newt asks, smiling softly.

"I don't know." Thomas says with a wink. Newt laughs and kisses his boyfriend hard on the mouth. They pack all their stuff and head to the car. The seating arrangements are the same as before, making it easy for the two boys to hold hands while driving home.

__________________________

Once back to the house, the took their stuff to their room. "Hey, wanna go on a walk?" Newt asks. Thomas nods and the leave without telling anyone.

Newt leads them to a hole in the wall coffee shop before taking them to a park. They sit on the swings and smiles at each other fondly.

"So, I was thinking, and I'd really like to tell my mom about us being engaged." Newt says with a small smile. It sounded so weird but felt so great to say. Engaged.

"I'd like that, Newt. I'm sure we'll get an ear full of screams, knowing your mom." Thomas says with a laugh.

"I'm sure we will. And I'm sure her big mouth will tell my uncle, so maybe we'd better tell them both."

"That would be the smart thing to do." Thomas smiles. The two boys leave the swings and lay on the grass close together. They link their hands and turn their heads to kiss.

"Excuse me, but could you disgusting people not do that at a children's park." A woman says before making a disgusted noise.

The two boys sit up and see that she has a little boy by her. He looks about little Thomas's age. The kid also looks like he's about to cry.

"Listen, ma'am, I don't mean to be rude, but me and my fiancé were minding our own business. Why don't you do the same." Newt says.

"How awful can you fags get? Disrespectful sinners. That's all you guys are." The lady huffs.

"I'm sorry, lady, but have you ever read the bible? Because it may say that laying with another man is a sin, but it also says that haircuts are a sin. And it looks to me like you've cut your hair. It also states that the commandments of the Old Testament are not the ones to follow but to follow the rules of the New Testament. So please, actually take the time to read the bible before you decide to be rude and disrespectful to another Christian. Because I guarantee you, my faith is strong in the Lord. And it will always be. And as for saying those things in front of your son, you're teaching him to be a bully. That it's alright to be mean to people who are in love. Love is love, ma'am. Please don't forget that." Thomas says, looking the woman in the eyes the entire time.

The lady merely gapes at him for several minutes. Thomas winks at her and lays back down.

Newt looks the kid in the eyes and tells him that it's okay to love. It doesn't matter who. Love is love and it's a wonderful thing. He also tells him not to judge people because it could cause a person to hate themselves and that it could also lead to a person ending their own life.

The child nods in understanding and smiles. "I promise I'll never be mean and if I am, I'll apologize."

Newt smiles at the boy and grabs Thomas's hand, pulling him up. "It's late, we'd best be on our way. Goodbye." They wave goodbye to the two and the woman stares at them for a moment before waving back. She looks down and smiles at her son.

"Those boys are very smart and it was wrong of me to say those things. They've taught me to be a better Christian and I hope they've done the same for you."

__________________________

"I'm proud of you, Tommy. You did a good thing back there. I think you may have changed that woman and her son's life."

Thomas smiles and grabs his lover's hand and they walk home in silence.

By the time they get home it's ten at night and they creep upstairs. Just as they're about to go to sleep Newt's phone vibrates.

He opens his phone and sees its a picture of the two of them holding hands with one word under it. Fags.

__________________________
A/N: This chapter sucks and I'm not sure what you guys are gonna think about the Christianity parts. I'm actually nervous because a lot of people respond poorly to it. Anyways I hope you like it! Comment, vote, share, and all that good stuff! THANKS!