sixty nine

At breakfast it was the same people. Theo was sitting next to Draco, out of the conversation. Draco was boasting about being assigned head boy. We all just listened to him have his five minutes of glory. We knew he would be stressed with head boy duties and quidditch captain this year. "Are you trying out for quidditch this year?" Draco asked me. I shook my head since I had my mouth full. "Why?"

I knew everyone was waiting for my answer so I swallowed quickly. "I haven't trained all summer. It's your last year, I imagine you'll be more rude." I said.

Draco nodded his head in agreement. "True, true. Did you train?" He turned to Elio. Elio nodded his head.

"Yeah, I told Aurora to practice with me, but she was too busy with-" I elbowed him on the stomach, so he wouldn't say anything else. Theo had already been worried about Ezra while we were together, I didn't need it to be taken out of proportion. "She was... um... going to London all the time." Elio nodded to convince everyone, but his lie was way too obvious now.

"What'd you go to London for?" Pansy asked playfully. I shook my head as I looked at Elio. I looked at Pansy then to everyone at the table, including Theo. I bit the inside of my cheek and looked down. I didn't want to talk about London. Not when the first time I went to London during summer break was to do what I had to do. All of a sudden I had the sudden urge to throw the pregnancy in Theo's face. My impulse reaction was to not care what anyone around me would think, but I knew this would have major consequences. I shrugged my shoulders.

"You know me. Book shopping." I smiled at Pansy.

First class was advanced potions. Again. Knowing I wasn't going to need any of this in the future, I didn't want to go.

Throughout the day I noticed I had only two classes with Theo, but one of those I also had with Emeline. I hadn't seen her all morning, so it wasn't until my last afternoon class when I walked in. I stopped in my tracks and looked around the class for open seats. They were seated together in one of the middle rows on the left side of class. I tried to think of this rationally. Sitting in the back would only cause me to constantly look at them. Sitting in the front would only make me feel vulnerable knowing I couldn't see them. See if they were talking about me, laughing at me. I was thinking too much about this. I went to the same row as them but on the edge of the right side. The class was already filled up a bit so I don't think they noticed me.

As Professor Mcgonagall began talking about the class goals this year I laid my head on my hand. I'm not sure why I didn't beg my parents to take me out of Hogwarts this year. I'm not sure why I even fell in love with Theo. What was so special about him? He treated me like every other boy I know. I think it's because I thought he loved me too. Even before he had told me, I was convinced he did.

Once class was over I went to my dorm to change and drop off anything I didn't need to carry around anymore. When I was getting ready to go to the library I decided at the last minute to just do what I needed to do in my room. I didn't want to run the risk of running into Theo on my way to the library. I sat down at one of the desks facing the window to do the handful of readings and starter essays I was assigned. I didn't have too many classes this year. Only four. I worked for about an hour and a half.

Right before I was going to get started on a reading for transfiguration, the door to the dorm opened.

"Oh, hi. I didn't know anyone else would be in here." I turned around and saw Emeline and Theo. I tried to not do or say anything rash, but my patience got the better of me.

"This is my room. You have two roommates. Why would you expect no one to be in here?" Neither one of them said anything. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag and stuff off my desk and walked towards the door.