eighteen

I woke up the following morning to Elio's loud snores. I hit him on the back to get him to be quiet and he thankfully woke up.

"What?" he groaned.

"You're snoring and I'm trying to sleep." I said as I turned my back to him.

"What time is it?" he asked.

I looked over to the bedside table where his clock was and said, "9:30."

"We should probably get up." he said. I didn't say anything, but it was obvious neither one of us were going to go back to sleep. We were staring at the ceiling until I spoke.

"Elio, I think mum was crying last night again." He turned his head and looked at me with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Why do you think that?"

"I heard her sniffling."

"I um- I think mum wanted to talk to you about something."

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes at him. "Do you know something I don't?"

"You'll find out soon enough." he said as he turned his attention back to the ceiling fan.

"You never tell me anything." I say as I got up and hit him with my pillow.

"Oh shut up Rory. I want to talk to you about it but mum insisted she do it."

"Talk to me about what?" I seethed.

"Like I said, she'll talk to you when she decides to do so."

I walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me. I went towards the bathroom, but right when I went to reach for the door handle the door flew open. Theo was standing in front of me, sleep still evident in his eyes.

"Was that you?" he asked, referring to the door slam.

"Yeah. If you guys spend the night again I'm going back to my room and kicking Draco off my bed." I said, still annoyed with Elio.

Right when I said that my mum came into the hallway. "How many times have I told you to not slam doors?" she asked with her hands on her hips.

I ignored her and went towards my room. I thought she had already left to work and that I was free to slam as many doors as I want.

When I walked in everyone was still asleep. Theo followed behind me and closed the door behind him.

"You know, you shouldn't ignore your mum." he said. He began folding a blanket from the floor as I was rummaging through my closet looking for my favorite jacket.

"It's not a big deal."

"It is. Once she's gone you'll regret ever disrespecting her." he said slightly annoyed.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at him. "Why do you care?" I asked.

"Seems like you take her for granted."

"You haven't even been here 24 hours yet and you already have an opinion about how I treat my own mother?" I asked.

"What if she were to walk out of this apartment right now and never come back? What if she died?"

"Shut up Theo." This conversation was turning serious quickly for no reason. I had no idea what he was trying to accomplish by asking me these questions, but it sure doesn't feel good thinking about having another parent dead. I was getting furious at him and I felt like breaking something.

Whenever I get mad I tend to argue with people, but once I or the person who I'm arguing with walks away, I go into abandoned buildings and break whatever I can. It helps me release all the pent up anger I have.