thirty

"Last night Draco and I were in the common room talking." I began telling Pansy. "He was talking about Theo casually, but at the same time I think he was trying to get some kind of a reaction out of me."

**********Flashback**********

I was laying down on the couch with my head on Draco's lap. He was ranting about something Theo had said to him. After a while I accidentally spaced off. I have a bit of a problem doing that.

What brought my attention back to Draco though, was when he said, "I don't want you talking to him anymore." I looked up at him with my eyebrows scrunched together.

"What?"

"Theo. It's obvious he's mad we're together. I don't trust him."

I sat up and looked at him. I was aghast. "You can't be serious."

"I am."

"Do you not trust me?"

"Of course I do. It's him I don't trust."

"He's your friend."

"So?" I didn't know what to say. He didn't have the right to tell me who I could and couldn't talk to.

"Well Theo is my friend."

"Aurora, I'm asking you for just one thing. It seems like he hasn't talked to you all day so it really shouldn't be too hard."

"We talked earlier. So yes, it would be too hard." I was the one that had walked up to Theo and spoke to him, but Draco didn't need to know that.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"It doesn't matter." After a long silence of neither of us saying anything he spoke up.

"Why are you so bloody stubborn?"

I folded my arms across my chest and stared at the fire in front of us. "I'm not."

He scoffed. "Yes you fucking are." I could tell his patience was wearing thin and so was mine.

"How?"

"You won't just do this one thing for me-"

"This one thing is you basically telling me to stop being friends with Theo." I cut him off.

"It's not just that!" I'm grateful no one was in the common room to hear us. Of course, Adrian could be listening on the stairs, but I really didn't care.

"Oh really? Then what else is there?" I was still looking at the fire, but Draco was looking at me.

"You're so stubborn with your father too. And the fact that you don't want anyone to call you Rory anymore just because he was the one that started calling you that-" He stopped abruptly when I turned to face him.

He was calling me stubborn because I'm mad at my dad. No doubt he knows everything from what Elio must've told him. "This is why I won't stop talking to Theo. Because he would never tell me shit like this. You don't know how I feel about my dad, Draco, so you don't get to tell me how stubborn I'm being with him."

Draco's mouth was slightly open and eyes wide staring at me. After he got over the shock he gained his usual sneer that he has on when talking to gryffindors. "If you love Theo so much why don't you just date him instead." He got up and left the common room right after he said that. I didn't try stopping him or talking to him. I just wanted to be left alone.