forty

Aurora's pov:

When I got to the burrow, Mrs. Weasley greeted me with a hug and bombarded me with questions about the bruise and cut on my face. The twins grabbed me away from her and took me up to their room before I could answer her so I could catch them up on everything. When I was done telling them everything with Elio, George said, "We could adopt you." I chuckled.

I told them about why I had the bruise and they just nodded in understanding.

"Anything else happen?" Fred asked.

I bit my lip and thought whether to tell them about Theo. Since the beginning of the year they've thought that I fancied Theo and I didn't at the time, so technically I never lied.

"Yes..." I said hesitantly, "You can't tell anyone though. I feel like if Elio found out he'll get even more angry with me."

"Okay okay, stop stalling." Fred hurried me.

"Theo asked me to be his girlfriend." They both stared at me in shock. I felt myself blush a little. I averted my gaze to the floor because of their intense stares.

"Are you serious?!" they asked at the same time. I nodded my head.

"And?" George asked excitedly.

"And what?" I asked.

"Well, what did you say?" Fred asked. They were awfully excited for something that wasn't happening to them.

"Oh yeah, I said yes." I laughed at my forgetfulness and for leaving them on their toes for a little bit.

"Aurora!" Fred sat down next to me and ruffled my hair. I swatted his hand away and he and George laughed. "You guys are finally together!"

"Finally?" I asked as I tried to untangle my hair with my fingers.

"We all knew it was a matter of time." George said. I rolled my eyes at them as I tried to bite back the smile on my face.

"Well let's go and tell the good news to everyone." Fred said. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to his seat, which was next to me.

"No, I don't want a lot of people finding out. At least not right now." I said as I gave the twins a stern look. They rolled their eyes, but agreed.

George told me that Harry was at Sirius' house, but they were coming over to visit tomorrow. Mrs. Weasley had me sleep in Ginny's room and told the twins to let me sleep. Because I didn't have the twins around me, I had a lot of time of thinking to myself. I hated how I left everything with Theo.

I also hated how Elio was. How he has been since I was little. It's one thing being overprotective, but it's another thing being a complete arsehole.

Ginny fell asleep way before me, but I couldn't fall asleep. It was past midnight when I got up and went downstairs for a cup of water. When I was in there I saw a telephone on a table. I thought about calling home just to talk to Theo, but it was already extremely late. After a couple minutes, I did call.

It took a couple rings for someone to answer, but when someone did, it was my dad. I didn't expect for Theo to answer, but I hoped it wasn't my dad or Elio. "Hello?" he said after I didn't talk right away.

"Hey, it's me."

"Oh, hey. How are you? Do you want to come back home?"

I laughed a little. "Home? It won't really be home once we move, will it?" I heard him exhale heavily through the phone. I rolled my eyes at what I said. I didn't want to get into an argument. "Can I talk to Theo?" I asked.