fourteen

It was kinda awkward so I got a book out of my satchel to keep myself busy. It seemed like Theo was keeping himself busy too because he was rummaging through papers on his desk. After a minute of the awkward silence Theo broke it.

"I'm sorry." I looked at him, confused about what he was apologizing for, "For Blaise. He just... when he found me. He wasn't exactly happy about my... condition." he said with a nervous laugh. I didn't question what his condition was like so I said a small 'it's fine'.

"I'm also sorry for what happened in the astronomy tower." he continued. I avoided his gaze and I could tell he was avoiding mine too. It was all way too weird so I didn't say anything. "Or do you even remember it?"

I knew that was my chance for everything to go back to normal. I sat up straighter and looked straight at him for my lie to be more believable, "I rarely remember anything. Did I do something?"

He had a look of disappointment and it broke my heart a little seeing him like that. "Uh no, Blaise was just mad that I drank too much. He thinks you influenced me too much." he said with a small laugh.

"Everyone was probably just as drunk as you." I said.

"I don't know. He thinks I become a different person when I'm drunk."

"In a bad way?" I asked.

"I don't-" At that moment Blaise, Pansy, and Draco walked in. Blaise noticed us talking and sent me a glare.

"What are you telling him?" Blaise asked me. He said it as if accusing me of something.

"He's just-" I began saying before he interrupted me.

"What is he doing Aurora?" he asked, as Elio opened the bathroom door.

Theo went up to Blaise and put his hand on his arm pulling him away from me. "Mate, she doesn't-" Theo began saying, but of course Blaise had to cut him off.

"You broke his fucking heart when you ran away! Do you want to know what he was doing when I found him?!" he began yelling at me.

I had never seen Blaise so mad before that I began cowering away from him. "You're fucking scaring her! Leave her alone!" yelled Elio.

"I really don't care because Theo actually-"

"SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER!" Theo yelled at Blaise.

"Doesn't remember what?" asked Pansy timidly.

"It honestly doesn't matter so just leave it." Theo said to Blaise.

"No no no no no. Blaise was yelling at my sister so I have a right to know." said Elio.

"I kinda want to know too!" said Draco excitedly. Theo visibly got nervous. He knew that he'd eventually say what happened if Elio pushed the subject.

"Shut up Draco." Blaise, Pansy, and Theo both said at the same time. Draco slumped down onto his chair, but was still waiting anxiously for answers.

Elio was arguing with Blaise and Theo to tell them what happened since I apparently "don't remember". The argument went on for about five minutes and Blaise looked like he wanted to hit Theo upside the head for not wanting to say something.

It all got too much so I blurted it out. "Theo and I kissed last night!" They all looked at me dumbstruck. Draco was the one to break the silence and the way he did it made me want to murder him right then and there.

He started laughing his ass off. I couldn't think what was so funny until he walked up to Pansy and said, "Pay up." Pansy grumbled and said that it was only because we were drunk and it's not supposed to count. They had a whole conversation for a full fifteen seconds before Theo spoke up.