twenty nine

Aurora's pov:

Instead of going to the library I decided to go to the owlery to write to my mum. I felt bad I hadn't even said goodbye to her on the platform. When I got there it was completely empty. As I was writing the letter I was debating whether I should tell her about Draco. Once I was done writing about how New Years was, I decided on not telling her about him.

On my way out of the owlery Adrian Pucey walked in. "Hey, so you're actually with Draco." I said yeah loud enough so he could hear and walked out without giving him another chance to say anything else.

I was about halfway down the stairs when I realized I wanted to ask him something. I went back up to the owlery and he was giving his letter to his owl. When he heard me walk in he turned around. "Forget something?"

"Yeah, I want to ask you something." He raised his eyebrows. "How did you know Draco liked me? Who told you?"

"Oh! I was waiting for you to ask me that." he started laughing. "I heard you guys in the common room."

"No one was in there though." I was confused.

"I was sitting down on the stairs that go to the boys dormitories. It really isn't such a mystery and I suggest that if you guys want to talk about something you don't want other people to know about you should probably do that in the privacy of your dorms."

He walked up to me and was smiling lightly. "You have a very pretty face Aurora. Shame you're wasting it on Malfoy."

I blushed. "He's not with me because of my face."

"No? Then why?"

"Well... because he likes me."

Adrian walked past me and turned around before he walked out of the owlery. "Maybe, but he doesn't want to be with you. He just likes the idea of having you." With that he walked out of the owlery. 

A couple seconds later I walked out too. I went to the great hall for breakfast. On the way I couldn't stop thinking about what Adrian said. When I got there it was packed. I usually got to breakfast a lot earlier so I wasn't used to the lack of open seats. I went to Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

As I sat down next to Ron, Hermione smiled at me. "Bloody hell Aurora, tell us about the rumors we've been hearing." Ron said.

"What rumors?" I asked as I started eating.

"About you and Malfoy. Apparently you're his girlfriend?" Hermione answered for him.

"Oh... Well yeah, what about it?" I said nervously.

"We hate Malfoy." Ron spat his name.

"I don't."

"I guess technically he's not an absolute git to Aurora." said Harry.

"Well either way, he'll only end up hurting you." Ron said.

"Why do you say that?"

"He's Malfoy." I only rolled my eyes. Throughout breakfast whenever one of them brought up Draco I automatically asked Hermione about assignments we're supposed to do. She never turns down a conversation about schoolwork.

I walked to my first class with Ron and Harry. On the way Ron continued criticizing Draco. I eventually tuned him out. I couldn't stop thinking about how maybe getting with Draco wasn't such a good idea. Not just because of what people were saying, but because I haven't been feeling very happy.

When we got to class Pansy called me over to where her, Elio, and Blaise were sitting at. Class was about to start so I decided on sitting with them today. I sat down next to Blaise and he was looking at me weirdly.