november 2022

ok, so i wrote quite a few chapters way in advance for this book. unfortunately, cody most likely will not be a dodger next season. im not gonna change them, but he'll get to his new team somehow lmao
im so sorry if this confuses u ahaha
love ya xx

"Hey Chris," Kacie smiled as Christian's face appeared big on her iPad screen.

"Hey you," he cheekily grinned.

"You played amazing today!" she exclaimed, noticing that Christian was extremely tired.

"Oh, thanks... I didn't know you watched." he shyly replied.

"Why wouldn't I watch you?" Kacie softly asked as she sat down at the Freeman's breakfast table next to the windowsill that let in the faint ocean breeze.

"Oh I don't know," he shrugged, "Maybe you were at your ex-boyfriends baseball game."

"Are we seriously gonna start this?" she quickly groaned, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we are."

"Right now?" Kacie rolled her eyes, "I don't think I've ever been in a relationship with someone as petty as you." she shook her head, trying to not raise her voice but turn it more into a joke on his end.

"Well I don't think I've ever been in a relationship with someone as in love with their ex as you."

"You're funny." the girl sternly stared Christian down through the screen, "Just because my ex-boyfriend plays for the Dodgers doesn't mean that when I go to Dodger games I'm there to root him on and kiss his a**."

"You being utterly obsessed with his baby says otherwise." he scoffed.

"For God's sake Christian it's a f*cking baby! What am I supposed to do? Drop it on its head because it's Cody's? What warped world are you living in?" she shook her head, lowering her voice as she saw Freddie wander into the kitchen and look at her, worried.

"Well you don't have to love it like it's your own. The amount of celebrity gossip pages you're on because of last week is ridiculous."

"So that's what this is about? My name on celebrity gossip pages? Have you learned anything from being an athlete that you don't read or listen to those things?" She calmly reasoned, aware of Freddie's presence in the pantry.

"Gosh Kacie," Christian sighed, "Why didn't you become a lawyer?" he groaned, sinking back down into his pillow, almost complimenting Kacie of how great she was at arguing.

"I didn't become a lawyer because I love children, and it's my job to help them and give them things their parents can't. I doubt you have any ideas about Cody's situation with his daughter and it's none of your business either on whether I help Chelsea or Mady out and take care of her sometimes." she stated, "I think we should end this here because this conversation isn't going anywhere," Kacie raspily sighed, watching Christian nod on the other end of the screen before hanging up as she inhaled a big breath of air.

"Hey, um, are you okay?" Freddie asked, peeking out of the pantry.

"Yeah," Kacie replied, "Just a good ol' argument. We were long overdue for one." she shrugged.