december 2021

"𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬."

Kacie set down the bouquet of flowers that Cody picked out for Corey on top of all the others, along with the small note signed by him, which she swore not to read. And truthfully it was none of her business either.

She also set down her own yellow bouquet for Corey, with a simple note that read,

"Until next time, Seags.

I'll make sure he's alright. I promise you.

We'll take care of Mady for you.

We miss you.

I miss you.

Love Kace"

"Kacie?" Asked a quiet voice.

Kacie slowly turned around, a weak smile on her face. The rain still came hard, but she knew it was Chris, "Hey CT,"

"How're you guys holding up?" He asked, extending his umbrella to her.

Chris was surprised to see her around. Both her and Cody had been MIA for months since the regular season ended.

"He... he's," she tried to find the right word, "He's trying." Her eyes dropped to the ground, brushing some of the sopping wet hair out of her face.

"How're you holding up?" He continued, setting down a single rose next to the other flowers.

"I'm trying. We're trying." She softly spoke, as the two shared a moment of silence.

"Well tell him we miss him at Sunday night dinners. And we care about him. I'm sure he knows, but... but it's hard when we haven't seen him in months."

"I will." Kacie nodded, not taking her eyes off the soaked bouquets, unlit candles, photos, and other gifts.

"Take care of yourself Kacie." Chris farewelled, as Kacie felt the rain start to pour down on her again.

She watched him walk back down the street and climb into his car, as she put her hood up and walked the other way towards her own.