january 2022

And with a nod she was gone.

Cody stood there and pondered where she was off to. Hopefully to a beautiful beach. It's what she deserves. She deserves everything, even if it's without him.

She was still in her little white Birkenstocks when she left, the ones he had dropped her off at the school in and that he was supposed to take her to dinner in, before disaster.

He was still trying to process everything. Somewhere along the line he had gotten super drunk. So drunk he didn't remember the night at all. But the DNA was his. The baby belonged to him. And her. But that her wasn't Kacie. And the thought of that made him shudder.

How was he supposed to tell his family what he had done? Of course, they had to have already found out to an extent... but seeing them face to face? He was a coward as is. And now look at him... finally being exposed for his recklessness and constant actions of put people and other stuff off. If only he had picked up on Kacie the first time she called. Or talked to her for longer. Or let her come with him on his long road trips.

But he didn't. Because he already knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to party, get drunk, and forget. And somewhere along the line, he got giddy with other girls. And he remembers some of them. But not this one. And that's the awful part. How many of them were there while his faithful girlfriend sat at home worrying and crying at the thought of his state?

He wished he could just turn back the clock and start again.