august 2022

"Who're you?" Kacie asked as she looked down at her phone, making sure the location Cody had sent was correct.

"Um, hi..." the boy shyly scratched his head, "I'm Mikey— I mean, Micheal. Cody sent me here."

Micheal was astonished by the girl that Cody had described ever so wonderfullys beauty. It wasn't that he was sexually attracted to her, but she was without a doubt gorgeous.

"Oh," Kacie tapped her foot, a little disappointed, but not surprised, "Well it's nice to meet you." she smiled, tilting her head and giving the boy's hand a friendly shake.

As Micheal led Kacie to his car, she asked, "So why'd Cody send you?" as she looked down at her phone, getting the text of confirmation from Cody that he'd actually sent this guy to get her.

"Um he wasn't comfortable leaving Madisyn home alone, y'know?" Mikey replied.

"Oh, yeah." Kacie agreed, in fact she did not know, but was supposed to be filled in once she got here, making her a little bit more annoyed at the fact that Cody couldn't come get her himself.

After a few awkward moments of driving, Kacie finally decided to make small talk with the nervous boy, "So are you a friend of Cody's?" she asked softly, trying to ease his jitters.

"I dunno if you'd call me that— well, yeah. I guess so. We met two days ago."

"Oh." Kacie nodded, the car once again falling silent.

"He didn't give you a lot of details, huh?" Mikey finally spoke.

"Not really," Kacie giggled, still eager to get the scoop.

"A lot of details about Corey Seager's case came out."

"Oh,"

Kacie felt her stomach drop at the mention of Corey's name. She knew something was bad since according to Cody, Mady was in complete shambles.

But what really hurt her was how good Mady was doing. The first year and a half for Madisyn was a living hell, and Kacie saw it first hand. But this past year she's really grown and started to feel like herself again. And now Kacie was afraid that these details would have to force Mady to relive all of that... again.

The car finally pulled up to the familiar sight of the Seager household, and she saw the towering frame of Cody outside in the driveway, on the phone.

Kacie scurried out of the car and up the drive way, bolting towards the open garage door.

At first glance Cody thought she was coming towards him, as a huge dorky grin overcame his droopy face from his glum expression and being utterly angry at the world these past three days.

He'd even told the police officer on the other side of the phone to hold for a second as she quickly approached.

As he was ready for her to embrace him, she rushed right past him, their shoulders slightly brushing as he turned and watched her go inside.

"So much for not wanting to leave Mady alone!" Kacie sarcastically called to Cody, referring to the fact he couldn't come get her himself and sent a boy he met two days ago to get her, despite being outside on a phone call as Madisyn probably sat upstairs a mess.

"Damn she hates me." Cody quietly said to himself as he watched her disappear inside.

Micheal walked up behind him, with a couple of Kacie's many suitcases in his hands.

Cody's eyebrows rose as he turned around to the sight of the boy, then glanced back at the door, afterward asking, "Did she mention anything about me?"

Mikey tsked, then nervously shook his head and croaked, "Not right now, man."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

pre redemption arc for the redemption arc starts now