june 2022

June 20th, 2022

Kacie had moved to West London before the all star break came. She spent a few months in Atlanta with her sister, who was a broadcaster for the Atlanta Braves.

But now she was off to start her new life. She had gotten a new job in the heart of London. Teaching. She had found that they get paid roughly the same if you were to convert pounds to dollars. Nonetheless though, the lifestyle was very different, and it was always rainy.

The cloudy sky made her feel sad a lot, especially since she was coming from the ever so sunny West Coast. But atleast when she was sad she only thought about her ex-boyfriend sometimes.

Ever since Cody she had made it her goal to think about him as little as possible and find herself. Though, she knew it wouldn't happen, and that it would be hard. It may even make it worse.

  Kacie understood that being sad was fine. Because truly, they needed each other... whether she wanted to admit it or not. They made each other happy, even though it was only her trying all those months, Cody was always trying to try, despite being so inconsistent.

Although, it was undeniable that she found herself a little more carefree when she didn't think about him.

It sounded weird... but it had been two months since she'd googled him. That was when they'd announced the gender of the baby — which was going to be a girl.

It was weird to say — and think about — but Kacie knew that Cody probably wished it was a boy. So he could name it Corey.

It was a strange thought that popped into her head a lot... when she did think about Cody. She didn't know why. But it did.

Kacie finally snapped out of her long train of thought.

The stadium erupted into cheers, as she focused back on the football (Soccer, in America) match that was taking place in front of her. Someone had just scored.

Chelsea was playing Manchester United. She had been invited to one of the games by a player that used to go to the school she taught at, and he was handing out tickets.

He was a sweet boy. About her age, but he seemed a lot younger depending on the way his hair was cut. He'd come to the school about once a month to play football with the children, and would talk to her frequently, when school was still in session, since it was Summer now.

  They weren't close, but they were able to have nice conversations that didn't feel forced or dragged. She even told him a little bit about her past life in LA, and he'd recommended that if she were looking around that she should go on a date with his American friend, and that she'd like him a lot.

Though the deal was appealing she still wasn't ready to get back to love. But the offer always stood.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_Mount