Double Date Danger

Audrey's POV

"You know I'm right!" Jasper hollers from stepping out of the elevator.

Henry and Charlotte had a look of annoyance plastered on their faces. I don't care what was going on, I was just happy to see my friends.

"Yeah, I know you're annoying me." Henry retorts and dropped his backpack on the floor. The elevator door closes.

"Come on, you pushed my last girlfriend on a window!"

Henry snaps his head toward Jasper. "Okay, only because she was chasing me and Audrey with a power tool! I've lost all respect for your women after that."

I found myself interested in this conversation. Before I could open my mouth to ask what was going on, my dad said, "All right, all right, what's this back-n-forth banter about?"

"Okay, when two buddies--" Jasper looks at Henry and back to my dad, "have different opinions on a girl, one hates her and the other is in love but the one who is in love can't have her over his house and asks his buddy if he can let her stay over, but he says no. What should the guy do?"

"The buddy should let the girl stay over. It's doing a favor."

"Aha!" Jasper rejoiced and laughs at Henry in his face. "Come on, Hen! It's only for the weekend, I'll repay you, I promise!"

Henry rolls his eyes and huffs, "Fine." He mutters and Jasper jumps up and down in excitement.

***

Later that night, Henry invited me over, and Jasper followed us to see Noelle, the girl staying at Henry's house. I couldn't really have an opinion on what I thought about Noelle since I didn't know her, but I could tell she was a bit sketchy.

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the living room was a screaming Piper and a little boy sitting on the purple chair. What was going on?

"Hey Henry," Mrs. Hart looks up from cleaning the table and smiles at me, "and Audrey." She stands up straight and looks back at Henry. "Your teacher's niece is upstairs getting settled in the guest room." It made me feel better that Noelle wasn't staying in Henry's room.

"Good." Jasper grins and looks up at the stairs. He looks back at the Hart family and announces, "I won't be available this Saturday night because I will be taking the house guest on a date."

I lean against the couch, (Henry, of course, had to be right next to me) and Piper's head snaps toward Jasper. "Wait, you're saying that you have a date this Saturday night?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"Okay!" Piper turns around and looks at her mother. "If I go on a double date with Jasper, then can I go out with Kale?"

Mr. Hart shakes his head. "Look, your mom and I agreed you're too young to be--"

"Actually," Mrs. Hart interrupted, "if it's a double date with Jasper, then... I guess it's okay."

He slams his hand on the counter. "And that's final."

"Noelle!" Piper shrieks and a girl reveals herself from the top of her stairs.

I took a few moments to study the woman. She was blonde, tall, and had a pink romper on. She was very beautiful and it made me a bit insecure. I keep my body slouched and put my arms around my stomach.

I gaze over to Henry who had no interest in the girl which made me feel a bit better about the situation. I just don't want him to develop feelings for someone else.

She walks down the stairs and takes a good look at me. Her cheery smile drops for a second. When she sees Henry, her smile returned and I felt sick to my stomach.