Let's Make A Steal

Audrey's POV

I started hiding behind the counter desk and I waited for Henry to walk inside. My hand accidentally hits a box which I've never seen before.

I looked at the label which said, 'April J. Manchester.' That's my mothers name! I looked around and then opened the box. I looked at the stuff inside until I looked at a photo.

'June 3rd, 2003.' 2003? But didn't she die when I was born. That makes no sense— I heard the Junk-n-stuff door open and I quickly pushed the box back into its original spot.

"Hey, guys, I got the light bulbs." Henry walked in Junk N Stuff.

"Surprise!" We all jumped from behind the stuff.

Henry screamed and threw the light bulbs onto the floor, but it didn't faze us.

"What was that for?" Henry shouted. "It's not my birthday."

"We know." My dad pulled Henry down to us.

"Give me your head." Charlotte grinned.

"You, little buddy, are gonna be on television." I exclaimed.

"I'll get the shirt." Gooch told us and ran into the back room.

My dad and Charlotte helped Henry's looks while I sat on the front desk counter.

"Shirt? Wait, what are you rubbing on my face?" Henry turned to my dad.

"Makeup." My dad looked at the makeup.

"Why?" Henry questioned.

"You're going to be on 'Spin and Win'!" I squealed.

"The game show?" Henry excitedly turned to me and sat down on the counter next to me.

"Yep!" I nodded.

"Hey, which shirt should Henry wear?" Gooch walked out with a red and blue shirts with his face on them. "Gooch one?" Gooch held up the blue shirt. "Or Gooch two?" Gooch held up the red shirt.

"Neither!" My dad yelled.

"Oh, come on. Gooch is the new black!" Gooch huffed.

"Just pick a different shirt." My dad told Gooch.

"All right, can someone tell me why we're doing this?" Henry asked.

"We'll both tell you." I slid off the counter to my dad.

"Alternating?" My dad looked down at me.

"Sure! You start." I grinned.

"You know those weird burglaries that have been happening all over town?" My dad asked Henry.

"And how the police have no idea how the burglars are getting or out of people's houses?" I added.

"Well, Charlotte figured out that in every one of the houses that have been burglarized, someone had recently been on 'Spin and Win' and won." My dad continued.

"But then, all the winners' prizes were stolen from their houses." I turned to Henry.

"You guys realize there's broken glass all over the floor." Henry looked down at the broken lightbulbs.

"How about this one?" Gooch walked out with a red plaid shirt.

"I like it!" I nodded. "Pop that ugly shirt off." I told Henry.

"Why do I have to change clothes?" Henry asked.

"Because you're going to be on TV, boy." Charlotte told Henry.