Secret Beef

Audrey's POV

"Thank you, Trent." Evelyn, the news reporter, began. "Captain Man and Kid Danger and Quick Shot, can you tell us what happened here?"

Kid Danger bent to the microphone. "Well, we found out that the Time Jerker was—"

"Hello, Evelyn." Captain Man grinned.

"Hey." Evelyn smiled.

"So, about an hour ago, I swung in here, crashed through that glass, and captured that Time Jerker you see right over there." Captain Man looked at the Time Jerker getting handcuffed.

"We also participated." I remarked, with Kid Danger nodding in agreement.

"Well, Captain Man, once again, the city of Swellview owes you a big fat thank you." Evelyn said.

"We also participated." Kid Danger reminded.

"Ah, I don't fight crime for thank yous." Captain Man said. "But there is something I want."

"Sure." Evelyn looked at Captain Man. "Anything. Uh— I mean— what?"

Kid Danger and I kept on glaring at Captain Man and Evelyn.

"As I'm sure you already know, there's a very special steak house here in Swellview called Montego's."

"Right. I've heard of Montego's." Evelyn reported.

"Yeah, well, did you know you can't get a reservation at that place? You have to be invited by the owner?"

I interrupted. "Anyway, we're really glad that we were able to capture the Time Jerker because—"

"Hey, hey." Captain Man pushed me backwards. "So, to the owner of Montego's restaurant, hey, it's me, Captain Man, the guy who keeps the whole city safe."

"You really do." Evelyn stared into Captain Man's eyes.

"I like stake." Captain Man announced. "I like it a lot. So, feel free to invite me to your restaurant, Montego's."

"We also like stake." Kid Danger chimed in.

"I'm Evelyn Hall. Single and ready." Evelyn grinned as we looked at her, confused.

- - - - - - -

TWO WEEKS LATER

Charlotte was on the monitor, showing Henry and I criminals.

"Okay, next criminal." I said while Drill Finger came up.

Another criminal came up.

"They call him Malkoff." Charlotte remarked, reading the description. "He steals dogs, then shaves them and sells them for hair to wig shops."

"Ugh. Sick weirdo." Henry crossed his arms.

"Hey, hey! Guys! Guys! Hey, hey!" My dad ran into the room. "Any messages from in for me while I was in the bathroom?!"

Charlotte sighed with annoyance. "No, Ray, that restaurant still hasn't called you."

"Ding dang it!" My dad yelled.

"If you want steak, let's just go to Back Out SteakHouse." I suggested.

"No! Anybody can go to Back Out SteakHouse." My dad remarked. "I want to go to Montego's."

"Oy vey." Charlotte spun on the monitor chair to face us.

"Dad, I want you to sit down, relax, and just finish your juice." I pulled my dad to the couch.

My dad sat on the couch and paused for a moment. He finally took a sip of of his juice.

I narrowed my eyes at my dad's juice. "There you go. Don't you feel better?"