License to Fly

Audrey's POV

"Come on, man!" Kid Danger whines and Captain Man shushes him. We were walking around an alleyway to find the Ballerino Brothers.

Kid Danger was upset because Captain Man wasn't allowing him to fly the Man-Copter. What really made him mad was that I already knew how to fly it and he didn't.

"Will you just please say yes?"

"Will you please shhhhh?"

"I'll shhh if you teach me how to fly the Man-Copter!" Kid Danger argues back. Captain Man's phone beeps but that didn't stop him from complaining. "Come on--"

"It's Charlotte." Captain Man announced and answered the call. "Go for me."

"Okay, it's confirmed. You're looking for the Ballerino Brothers." Charlotte's voice informed and I cringe.

"I hate those guys! You know, they aren't even brothers!" I yell at the phone, and I could almost hear Charlotte lower her volume.

Kid Danger walks over to Captain Man. "I don't get why you won't say yes--"

Captain Man turns to him. "Do you get that I'm on the phone?" He grabs the phone from him, and he gasps. "Uh! You do not snatch my phone like that!"

"Will you please just teach me how to fly the Man-Copter? Audrey has known how to fly it since she was 8!"

"What have I told you about using your lightning-fast reflexes to snatch my stuff?"

"You promised me that you would."

"We will talk about it later. Right now, we need to-- AH!"

We all scream and fall onto the floor. Something hard and cold hit us on the back of our heads and I was surprised we weren't all knocked out cold. I regain my strength and stand up, helping Captain Man and Kid Danger up on the way.

"Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot." The ballerino in orange greeted. Hey, at least we found the Ballerino Brothers. "Nice tutu see you."

"Well, if it isn't the Ballerino Brothers." Captain Man folds his arms.

"That's right. And our favorite dance is the Nutcracker." He collides his fist with his hand. "Sweet."

I roll my eyes at their dumb hand movement. Kid Danger turns to Captain Man. "What about Saturday morning? You could teach me before work!"

"You're too young to fly the Man-Copter."

"Ohhhh! Ohhh okay!" Kid Danger groans and looks at him in disbelief. Are they seriously starting an argument when we're supposed to be fighting the Ballerino Brothers? "So, I'm old enough to help you beat up vicious ballet dancers, but I'm not old enough to fly the Man-Copter? Not to mention, Quick Shot learned when she was 8! 8, Captain Man, 8!"

"Hey, don't bring me into this!" I declared.

Captain Man rolls his eyes. "It's not a question of age, it's a question of experience and training and--"

"Uhhh... 'scuze me?" One of the Ballerino Brothers rudely interrupted. We turn around and wait for him to say something. "Are we gonna fight, or do you two--" he looks at Captain Man and Kid Danger, "-- need to see a couples' therapist?"

I snicker at his comment. I hate laughing at villains' jokes, but sometimes I can't help myself.

"Perhaps both!" Captain Man snaps back. "You dancing punks."

"Punks?" The one in orange took offense to that. "We went to Juilliard!" They both put themselves in a dancing position and I shake my head. I can tell this is going to be an easy fight. And nothing feels better than winning a fight.