Love Muffin

Audrey's POV

It was very late at night and I was woken up by someone violently shaking me. I groaned and I was very close to slapping them across the face.

"Wake up!" The voice hissed.

I yawned and opened my eyes, expecting to see Schwoz or my dad there. Instead, it was— Henry?!

"Henry!" I gasped and turned on my nightstand lamp. "What time is it?" I looked at my phone and it was after midnight. What the hell? "What are you doing here after midnight?"

"It's Ray. How did you not wake up?"

"I'm a heavy sleeper," I replied, truthfully. I jumped out of bed and ran my fingers through my hair so it looked a bit better. "What was so important that made him need us after midnight?" We walked down the hallway.

"I'm not sure. He's not even here. It's just me, you, and Charlotte." Henry replied and we stepped on the other side of the sprocket and entered the main room.

"Hi, Charlotte. Do you know what's going on?" I asked and rubbed my eyes.

She shook her head. "No, I thought you would've known."

The elevator crashed down and Jasper's screaming could be heard. The door opened and Jasper walked into the room.

"Maybe it's some emergency. Like maybe he—" I was caught off guard by Jasper's hair curlers.

"I'm here!" Jasper announced, making an entrance.

I turned back around to face Henry and Charlotte. I pointed to Jasper and said, "That's an emergency."

"Are you— why would— curlers?" Charlotte stuttered. I was incredibly tired. I sat down on the couch with Henry and I rested my head on Henry's shoulder.

"What, you thought my hair was naturally curly?" Jasper shook his head at her. My eyes were hard to keep open.

The tubes beeped which meant my dad was back and he was going to tell us the news. I sat up straight and turned to face my dad. He looked... weird?

"Heyyy." My dad said. I don't know how to describe his tone, but it was weird. "Hello, friends. Welcome. Welcome!" He touched each one of our faces.

"Uh, sure," Henry replied awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

"Yeah, hey. What did you need?" I asked, unsure if it was good of me to ask.

"And now... I wanna introduce you guys to someone very special." My dad smiled, looking around. Someone special? What does he mean? The left tube beeped and went down. A woman dressed in all black came down and the tube went up. Who the hell was she and why was she coming to the Man Cave?

"Who's that?" Charlotte asked me as if I was supposed to know who this woman was.

"I dunno," I replied. I felt angry and a bit sad. Who was this girl? I needed to know.

My dad helped her down the stairs. He then leaned in and pressed his lips on hers which made my jaw drop. Henry, Jasper, and Charlotte both looked at me in confusion and I didn't have the confidence to look at them back.

"Everyone... this is Gwen." He introduced her, still holding onto her hand. He wrapped her arms around her waist and I wanted to throw up.

"Hi, guys." Gwen smiled, looking at us all.

"Um, hey." I choked on my words as I tried to wave without sobbing. I wish he would've told me about her when he first met her. I don't know why he kept this a secret from me. He promised that we wouldn't keep secrets.