Substitute Teacher

Audrey's POV

"Gooch! What happened?!" My dad practically shouted once we went up in the store, Junk N Stuff. "Why did you send me an emergency signal?"

"Look. That's a garbage juicer." Gooch pointed to the big metal box on the counter.

"A garbage juicer?" I fold my arms. He did not just send me all the way upstairs just for this.

"It juices garbage."

"Gooch, I was busy downstairs researching criminals." My dad groaned and shook his head at him.

"Watch." Gooch told us and poured garbage in the garbage juicer. "I just dump the garbage into the thingy."

"Gooch—" I began but he talked over me.

"Now, observe." He presses a button on the garbage juicer and on the side a green like juice comes out, and he pours it in a cup. "You see? The garbage is gone. It's all in the juice."

I tried not to gag. "Gooch, that's disgusting." Seriously.

"Can we go back downstairs now?" My dad rolled his eyes and I mentally agree with him on that.

"Ray, Audrey, we got to talk to you!" Henry ran inside the store with Charlotte. "Hey, Drey." He smiled, his mood lightening when he saw me turn around.

I turn around to get a look of them. "Hey Hen and Char, what's up?"

"This is important." Charlotte urged and looked at both of us.

"There's this creepy new kid at our school." Henry explained.

"Ugh, can we talk about it downstairs?" My dad groaned, scrunching up his nose. "Gooch's juice smells."

"Okay." Henry agreed and we went down in the elevator.

"I'm coming too." Charlotte said at once and followed us. I press a button and the elevator door opens.

"Why do you think this Ortho kid is up to something?" I ask when we got in the elevator.

"Well, he was asking about the school's water supply." Henry explained when the elevator door closed.

"And he wanted to know about the security cameras and—" Charlotte begins but is quickly cut off when the elevator begins to go downstairs from my dad pressing the elevator down button.

Screams escaped Henry and Charlotte's mouths while me and my dad stood there, unfazed.

"I wonder why he was asking those things?" My dad yelled over Henry and Charlotte's screams.

"Guys? Oh, Stop screaming." I sighed and shook my head. After living here my whole life, I've automatically gotten used to the elevator.

Charlotte grabbed onto me for dear life. Don't worry, we aren't going to die. The elevator crashed down and we stepped out when the doors open.

"Oof!" Charlotte grunted. "Can't that elevator just be adjusted?"

"Why do you say that Ortho kid is creepy?" My dad continued, still intrigued.

"Because he says weird stuff. And he's got this crazy, psycho look in his eye." Henry mimics a face.

"You got a pic?" I ask them both.

"Uh.." Charlotte and Henry both said in synch but Charlotte's face lit up.

"Japer's Twitflash."

"Oh, yeah." Henry nodded, shaking his head. "Jasper posted a pic of him and Ortho on his Twitflash."