「an important meeting」

"alright, so, what the hell do we have now?"

you trudged across the hallway, already feeling tired and half-asleep from the day. it didn't help that you just ate lunch, making you even more sleepy. you yawned, covering your mouth with your hand.

"we're almost done, don't worry." grinned diavolo reassuringly before his smile faltered.

"what's wrong?" you asked, holding in another yawn. this expression on diavolo was rare; you rarely got to see him upset.

"i have to attend a meeting with my father. right now." diavolo sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"is he that intimidating?" you laughed, but you stopped when you saw that diavolo wasn't laughing.

"we just have... important matters to discuss." he responded, not looking at you. his gaze was focused on the wall, a slightly blank stare on his face.

"am i not allowed to be there?" you asked, confused. why was diavolo acting like this? this was unusual behavior, especially coming from him.

"no." he said, sighing again. "i better get going now before i'm late."

"where am i supposed to go?!" you wailed, looking out of the big window to your right. you saw students chattering happily amongst themselves, walking to classes. you attempted to search for a familiar face to no avail.

"let's see... my meeting is going to last at least two classes. i'm supposed to have biology right now, and then botany class right after that." explained diavolo quickly, already walking away. "if you're lost, then don't be afraid to ask someone for directions! i'll see you, y/n!"

"YOU GUYS HAVE BOTANY?! DO YOU GUYS HAVE A WHOLE-ASS GARDEN OR SOMETHING?" you yelled out, but diavolo had already ran out of sight. you sighed, looking around. you had no idea where the biology classroom was, and diavolo had already ran away. you walked forwards, having no clue as to where you were going.

you took your phone out, about to text the group chat before you heard a familiar voice.

"y/n? where are you going?"

you smiled as you looked up to find levi approaching you. belphie was slouching right next to him, holding on to his cow pillow tightly.

"it'd probably take an entire hour for me to explain." you mumbled sheepishly. "diavolo had a meeting with his dad or whatever, so now i have to walk to the classes by myself. except i have no idea where the classrooms are."

"LMFAOOO!" levi laughed. "i mean, that's the worst! i actually feel bad, but that's hilarious." he said. "but why does diavolo have a meeting with his dad? that's about two hours long??"

"they're probably discussing the school system or something." belphie stated. "diavolo did mention it a few days ago to us. something about one of the students."