「haplessness」

you slowly climbed up the stairs, with asmo in front of you and the rest of the group right behind you, excluding belphie

you slowly climbed up the stairs, with asmo in front of you and the rest of the group right behind you, excluding belphie. beel had came back a few minutes ago and chose to rejoin you along with his brothers.

"why do we have to be quiet, anyways?" you whispered as the group continued to sneak up the stairs.

"so lucifer doesn't know we're coming, of course!" asmo replied excitedly yet softly. you made an odd "hmm" sound but stopped pursuing the topic.

"he probably knows we're goin' to his room, anyways." grumbled mammon from behind you. "after all, levi did say he brought a very special someone... lucifer definitely knows."

"stop being such a party pooper, mammon!" asmo whined as the group reached the top of the stairs. he turned to face you excitedly.

"lucifer's room is... that way!" asmo pointed to your left and began scurrying down the hallway. you immediately followed him, with mammon yelling out a "wait for me!"

"mammon, you're so slow ROFLMAOOO" levi laughed. mammon immediately scowled.
"slow? oh yeah? watch this!"

mammon broke into a sprint, running past both you and asmo. you watched in awe as you turned a corner, with mammon already at lucifer's door, waiting impatiently.

"all that running should make you hungry, mammon." commented beel before sighing. "how about we leave lucifer alone? we could go eat instead."

"i wanna see lucifer!" you exclaimed, causing beel to stare at you. he smiled.
"well, if y/n wants to do this, then i could try to contain my hunger."

asmo suddenly burst lucifer's door open after beel's sentence, and you were greeted by the sight of lucifer sitting at his desk, staring straight at the doorway, as if he were expecting his brothers to burst in.

"y/n." he said. "i was expecting you. i must say... i wasn't expecting my brothers to tag along."

"HOW THE F-" you said when levi suddenly covered your mouth, looking at you worriedly. he withdrew his hand before you looked at him indignantly.

"what was that for?" you asked, before levi leaned in and whispered something in your ear.
"rule one, never curse in front of lucifer. especially if you're meeting him for the first time."

"oh." you said blankly before gazing back at lucifer and smiling.
"HEY, I'M Y/N, THAT PERSON WHO YOUR BROTHERS MET ONLINE. VERY NICE TO MEET YOU, LUCIFER. I BET I SOUND LIKE A ROBOT RIGHT NOW. HAHA."

levi sighed while facepalming.

"that's quite interesting, y/n." lucifer said calmly, his expression remaining neutral. "now, if you would excuse me, i have some work to tend to. i'd appreciate it if you came back at a later time."

"we only talked for like five seconds and you already want to leave me?!" you whined before beel put a hand on your shoulder.
"lucifer does have stuff he needs to work on... it's not that he doesn't wanna talk with you, because i think you're really cool, y/n. let's just come back later."

you gazed softly at beel before replying. "alrighty!"

"so, what about satan?" you asked the brothers as you headed down the stairs. mammon immediately snorted.
"right now? he doesn't wanna come out of his room for nothin'. he just wants to read, read, and read. that's it. tough luck, y/n."

"we could try!" you perked up before looking around. "where is his room?"

"the opposite hallway!" asmo exclaimed before anybody else could chime in, and he grabbed you by your hand to drag you along.

"no point in tryin'." mammon groaned before reluctantly tagging along.

you took in more of your surroundings this time, looking at the intricate vases and portraits scattered throughout the hallways. everything seemed extremely expensive and elegant.

"we're heeeere!" asmo said, letting go of your hand.
"that was quick." you commented before asmo knocked on the door exactly three times.

there was no response.

asmo quickly knocked again with more vigor. there was no response yet again.

"i told you there wasn't a point in trying." mammon said, catching up with you and asmo. levi and beel were right behind him, with levi focused on his phone.

"well, whatever, we tried." you said gloomily. levi looked up from his phone and quickly wrapped his arm around you, giving you a quick pat on the back.

"thanks, levi." you smiled as he let you go, redirecting his attention back to his phone.

"sooooooo... since lucifer doesn't wanna talk for whatever reason, and satan's too busy reading, what do i do now?" you asked, sighing. this felt like a videogame loss.

"we can go back to lucifer's room in about... an hour or so." beel smiled warmly, and you nodded in agreement before quickly realizing.

"i still have to finish packing up!" you yelled out loud. "my guardian's probably wondering where the hell i am!"

you quickly checked your phone, sighing in relief to see that you didn't have any missed calls or messages from your guardian. you put your phone back in your pocket.

"nevermind, i still have time." you chuckled nervously. an idea suddenly popped into your head, and you smirked at all the brothers, who were gazing at you questionably.

"let's go pay dia and barbie toes a visit, shall we? maybe luke, simeon, and monsolo while we're at it."