「first day」

"well, here we are

"well, here we are." diavolo chirped excitedly, entering the vast classroom. you cautiously followed him inside, noticing that almost all of the classrooms looked the same so far. the only difference was that the math classroom's chalkboard was full of various equations and shapes.

the sunlight filtered through the windows, blinding you as you took a seat next to diavolo. you looked around at the class, taking mental notes of the people in diavolo's math class.

the teacher swiveled around in their chair, standing up to erase the chalkboard. you hadn't even noticed the teacher in the far corner of the classroom.

"are any of our friends in this class?" you quietly whispered to diavolo, who only nodded to you in response. he had already taken a notebook out and was scribbling down notes.

you sighed as you lazily did the same, not wanting to do work on your first day. naturally, it wasn't the first day for the other students here, but you still wanted to catch a break.

you discreetly turned around to further scrutinize the students, hoping to catch a few familiar faces. you smiled when you spotted both mammon and satan sitting a few rows behind you. you caught mammon slacking off, clicking his pen rapidly. satan was also writing down notes, writing even faster than diavolo, if that was possible.

you turned back around, and your jaw dropped when the chalkboard was now filled with tons of charts, diagrams, numbers...
just a second ago, it had been almost empty. just how fast of a writer is your teacher?

you stifled a groan and leaned back in your chair, listening to the teacher drone on and on, explaining the equations and diagrams.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"that was torture." you mumbled as the second bell rang, dismissing you from math class.

"you'll adjust." diavolo said as he packed his things, beckoning for you to follow him.

"so, what do we have next?" you asked, slightly fearing diavolo's answer.

"home economics." smiled diavolo.
you felt someone push past you, and you turned around to quickly curse them out before realizing that it was mammon.

"don't follow me around, satan!" he grumbled. you turned around even further to find satan walking right behind you. he sped past you to pursue mammon.

"focus in math!" satan said. mammon grumbled something inaudible in response.
however, satan must have heard it, because he frowned. "i'm only doing this because i don't want you to get in trouble with lucifer. he can be a total douc-"

"well, you're actin' like lucifer right now." snorted mammon.

your eyes widened when you saw satan's expression contort into one of pure wrath; you had never seen him this angry. he straightened up, towering over mammon even more.