I love you too.

It's been days since Jane hasn't stepped foot out of the house. Days had gotten more grayer nowadays, especially for Mary. Jessie has been keeping herself busy on school and friends more, rather than what happened to her parents. She'd collected Jane's homework and tried motivating her to do her work and agreed to turn it in for her. It didn't help. Jane's currently failing all her classes due to being absent. Her friends started to get worried.

"Hey, how long will she come back? Is she not gonna graduate.?" Exclaimed Natalie, talking across the lunch table. "I don't know.. things have been very rough ever since her parents died." Mary replied. "I do wish my parents dead. Even my brother " Natalie said keeping her head down. Mary sighed not knowing how to respond. "Isn't it crazy Nina is a fuckin serial killer? I find that very cool haha. It's like we are in the movies. Thanks Hollywood!" Natalie said changing the subject. "I don't think that's funny,  she and Jeff harm innocent people."Mary said getting caught off guard. "And I think Jane should put some humor in you." Nat said rolling her eyes.
"Whatever." Mary said while getting ready to leave lunch."The bell's gonna ring soon."

At home

"You doing ok hon'?" Mrs. Vaughn said peaking through the door. Jane was looking through Mary's stuff, especially the paintings she had did over the Summer. But suddenly one had caught her eye. A painting of a house like hers with a girl sitting looking through her open windows. And with another figure with brown hair looking up at the girl. Surprise surprise, it was a painting of her and her sister. Jane looked out the window of Mary's room and have saw the view she's looking at. "She's so talented." She murmured to herself.
"Oh.. Mary didn't show you that piece?" Mary's mom walking in behind slowly to get a better look at the painting. "No, she doesn't show anything but her unfinished ones. I didn't think she was this good. She never mention about this one.." She said, as Jane hold the painting to glance at the details. "I think it's beautiful. I don't think she would mind you keeping it." Mrs. Vaughn added. "No it's fine, more like pay $100." Jane said declining the offer.
"Haha.. well anyways, is there anything I could do for you? How are you feeling." Mary's mom said as she sat on her daughter's bed with Jane.
"I'm doing alright.. same old same old.." Jane replied. "I'm sure you're going to be ok." She said having her arm around Jane's shoulder giving a hug. "I'm for sure, not going to graduate. I think I should drop out."
"What??.." Mrs.Vaughn said with surprise. "Are you sure?.." "yeah. I can handle it." Jane said in distress.
"Are you sure sure?" Mrs. Vaughn questioned worriedly. "I'm sure yeah.."
"Well now.. I'll be at work for the whole break.. I'm trusting you on taking charge of the house with your sister and Mary. " She added.
"Yes ma'am, but where are you going?" Jane asked. "Not far, just a 2 hour drive from here.!I'm stationed to work and help a Christmas charity event over there. Sadly I won't be celebrating Christmas with you all.." She replied droopy . "Are you alright taking care of yourself? If you need anything ask Mary. She'll get things right away for you." She also added.
"Thank you. I will." Said Jane. "And hey, one more thing. Don't let Mary bring any boys to this house!" Mrs. Vaughn said with a joyful side eye. "Aye." Jane replied with a smile. "No boys allowed got it." She laughed.

After Mary's mom left home and on her way to a long trip. Jane was all alone waiting for the girls to get dropped off by their bus. It was a couple more days till Christmas,and hoping Jane will feel all better.

"So, what should we do?" Exclaimed Jessie looking at her sister on the couch. The girls were home alone while Mr and Mrs. Vaughn are at work all day. Jane looked beside her seeing Mary leaning on her while watching the television. "Mary, why don't you help me make dinner?" She asked giving Mary a nudge. As almost if the TV is making her fall asleep.
" Oh.. sure! " she said yawning a bit looking at Jane. "What do you want to make?" Mary replied.
"I was thinking.. we could make enchiladas! Or do you want spaghetti?" Jane said giving the options. "WHY DONT WE ORDER PIZZA!!" Jessie yelled across. "No, we had enough pizza for this week, we need something actually home made." Jane said rolling her eyes. "I guess spaghetti." Mary answered. "Alright then let's get cooking." Jane smiled, finally feeling all better after seeing Mary smiling at her back.
"Jane you better not burn the house down." Jessie murmured to make her sister annoyed.

While in the kitchen, Jane was prepping the noodles into the big pot. Mary, stirred meat sauce. "If you could have anything for Christmas.. what would it be?" Jane asked looking at Mary sweetly. "Hm.. probably some more paint. I have a shortage at the moment." Mary chuckled. "Oh... well, I mean I did see that painting you did of me. That look like you used a whole tube of paint." Jane said.
"OH! That!? You saw that one?" Mary said embarrassingly. "Yeah, I really liked it. There's nothing to be embarrassed about." Jane said giving a rub on the back. "I just think it's stupid.. it's not even great." Mary replied.
"No! It's great Mary, I loved the detail and work you put into it. Like our relationship, it's a bit messy but it will have a good outcome. I wonder when we are gonna tell your parents.." Jane added flooding Mary with her kisses on the cheek. "Stop!" Mary laughed. "We'll tell them eventually..Jane, they trust you. I'm sure it will be a good answer." Mary looked up at Jane. "When your mom says no boys in the house, she's not ready for it yet." Jane laughed.
"Boys?." Mary asked confused. "Haha yeah." Jane replied. "Sigh... she's always like that Jane. She always thinks I'm gonna bring a boy in one day." Mary said rolling her eyes and smiling at Jane. "She didn't say anything about girls huh?" Jane hugged Mary from behind giggling. "Whatever. Let's get dinner over with." Mary replied.

When the girls served each other spaghetti for dinner, Jessie then after decided to head out to Jason's place to hang out. It was quite dark outside, Jane had to drive her there to get dropped off. Mary was waiting patiently at home looking on her phone. Staring at her and Nina's empty messages. The last text message Mary ever gotten from her was just a "lol" since late September. "I wonder how she's doing.." Mary thought to herself.
When Jane got home, she plopped herself right next to Mary on her bed. "Whatchu looking at?" Jane looking at Mary's phone.
"Just wanna clear out my messages with people I don't talk too.." Mary said exiting out of Nina's messages. "Meh, I do that to sometimes. Only when they get on my nerves.." Jane said laid back. Mary looked at Jane, holding back a lot of questions from her. She sighed and decided to tell to make things less boring in her room. "Jane, how did you figure out that you were.. gay?" Mary whispered. Jane looked back at Mary with a surprised look. "Uh. I actually don't know." She said scooting up to get up close to Mary on the bed to understand her.
"Why do you asked?" Jane questioned.
" I'm just wondering.. how does your story go? How you started like on girls.." Mary said , not making eye contact. "Well.. I just think boys are stupid. Not because I hate them, I just think the way they treated me or my friends is stupid.Girls in the other hand, I guess I can say, we understand each other Y'know?" Jane explaining to Mary. "Here's a question, why do you want to date me? Why do you like me?" Jane said smiling, turning the question over to Mary. Mary felt a little embarrassed. "I just think you're.. very cool. And I really like talking with you." She answered. "You made me open up and get out of my shell is all I want in a person. Like you."
Jane looked at Mary trying to understand her preference. "Do you like boys too?" Jane said out of the blue. "Huh?." Mary said looking at Jane startled. "Let's make this easy, if I weren't a female.. would you date me if I were the opposite gender?" Mary nodded her head " Yes" slowing trying to be on the same boat.
"Why?" Jane asked surprised. "Does it really matter?" Mary said shrugging "I mean, it's like the same thing as if the question was, would you love me if I were a worm." She added with comparison. "You're smart. I like that about you, Nerd." Jane teasing Mary with her words.
As she flicked Mary's glasses to her face.
Mary got a bit flustered and fixed her glasses in place.
"So, you don't care about gender at all?" Jane asked again. "Eh yeah, I think honesty is the best policy in a person. Not just because how they loo-" Jane interrupted Mary with a hug.
The hug was tight, it made Mary curious. "What's wrong Jane?" She asked.
"Nothing, I just needed one." The hug lasted a while. "Thanks for being honest with me, I really do love you Mary." When Jane loosen up the hug, she stared at Mary's lips asking herself if she should go for it. Both were in the mood for teen love, Jane lifted up Mary's chin to look at her straight in the eye. Mary tried focusing on Jane waiting for what's next. Jane gave a small kiss to Mary. She didn't want to go any further, but Mary did insist make the kiss longer. The both stopped, then proceed to look at each other comfortably with one another.
"I think we should watch a movie.." Mary said, as she gets off her bed. "Whatever you say." Jane smiled, getting off the bed and walking towards the door.
"But hey Jane, I love you too." Mary said between her door frame exiting out. With Jane by the stairs looking back. Jane gave the brightest smile to Mary. The words I love you.. Ever since her parents passed, she needed it.

(Thanks for reading this chapter, my Aromantic ass  cringed)