-Friends-

Mary finally got to her first-period class, math. It was quite hard for her to settle in the classroom, people beside her knew each other, and others messing around. Mary wished that she was in Jessie's first-period class so she wouldn't be alone. But she'll meet her soon in her next period. Suddenly the sound of heels from the hall came into the room, it was the teacher, Ms.Wright.
"Ok class, welcome to your first year of high school. I would be your homeroom teacher, today we will get to know each other. We will start work next week. That should get y'all time to give friendly welcomes to your pupils." Announced the teacher behind her desk setting her stuff down. "So, I'm guessing we will talk to one another until the bell rings?" Questioned the student behind Mary. "Yes dear, we want everyone to settle and not have anyone struggling on the first day. And we will start lightly with work. Nothing too hard, just refreshing your memories of what you learned from last year's math." Boring.. Mary thought to herself. Mary wasn't good at math, especially if it's fractions. While everyone was getting to know each other, Mary just sat there fidgeting on her pencil eraser. No one didn't really want to come up to her and chat. Until she got a notification on her flip phone. She checked her phone and saw it was from Jessie.

————{ Text message }——————-

Jessie:
Ha, luckily your mom gave Jane and I your number. I totally forgot to add you. :)

Mary:
Oh um... it's ok :> I didn't add yours either.
How are you texting in class? :-\

Jessie:
Oh, I'm in science and we are just getting 2 know each other. These ppl suk! :-&

Mary:
Heh same, x( ppl don't want to talk to me. Idc if they do or don't.

Jessie:
I wish I was there:-L to keep u company.
bet Jane already having people around her desk. :-s.

Mary:
Wat do you mean by that? She's popular or something?

Jessie:
I mean .. I guess you can say that.
I don't rlly hang out with her or anything.m, but she does bring a couple friends home to hang out .

Mary:
Huh.. I hope this isn't personal but has she got any people who had a crush on her? 

Jessie:
Like a couple I think .

Mary:
Wat about those love confessions? (:|

Jessie:
Well, obviously she said no :>.
She doesn't rlly give reasons y. She just walks off and not looking bak.

Jane:
Yo wat are y'all doin texting in class?? You guys are blowing my phone... :/

Mary:
WAIT HOW ARE U HERE!?

Jessie:
Oh yeah, this is a group chat :o sorry.

Mary:
Ohh.. that makes sense.  Sry for shouting in the chat xp...

Jane: It's ok :) no need to apologize!

Jane: now then... Listen .

Jane: I understand both of y'all are bored in class. But please try not getting your phones getting confiscated...

Jane:
And yes my desk is surrounded by people.. and now they leave me alone. And this doesn't mean u have to talk about me jess. :/...

Jessie:
We know .. 8-| .... it's just ppl won't talk to us.
Plus.. y not telling us some things you are popular for?? ;)

Jane:
Ughh.. first of all, yes I am smart .. but I suck at History and math... and I'm quite a nice person to hang out.

Jane:
And pleaseeee Mare, don't believe anything that my sister talks about. Some of it may not be true -__-

Jessie:
>:/ ... well at least I was close!

Mary:
Ah, I see. Jane if your having trouble with history, maybe I could help =D >

Jane:
Thx Mare :) I'm looking forward to it lol.

Jessie:
Pfft.. nerds :/

Jane:
You gotta need it ;) you know your bad at history too. Maybe I should spill something you did in your social studies class in middle school.

Jessie:
FINE WHATEVER x/ anything but that. Don't gotta remind me.

Jane:
Well cya at lunch. I'll be waiting by the left corner by the widows. :)

———————————————————-

Mary put her flip phone away in her pocket and placed her head down. People didn't really wanted to talk to her for the rest of the class.
       When the bell rang, she got up and went her next class period. History. When she walked inside the class, she was glad.
She looked around the room, being all curious.
She went to her desk, it was all the way in the back by shelves of history books. She was a little impatient of meeting of with Jane at lunch. She only had one more class to go , and it was Art. The class started to get settled in their chairs. Mary placed her hand on her cheek and waited for class to start. The teacher walked in sat on her desk looking through attendance.
" I see everyone is here." Said the teacher smiling at everyone.
" Hello class, I am Mrs, Garcia. I'll be your history teacher for the rest of the year!" She announced as she write her last name on the white bored. Kids weren't paying attention to her besides Mary. Mary loved history, more than anything she can think of.. well besides her parents.
" As your homeroom teacher said.. If you guys payed attention." The teacher chuckled." We won't be starting work this week but next week we will!. We will start light on The Great Global War known as... World War I . And so on and so on through out US history."
We will start getting to know each other for 5 minutes and we will start on a small ice breaking activities together before you guys leave to your 3rd period.
Same as always, Mary thought. Getting to know people who is rough start for Mary to start the first day. She cannot keep doubting on Jane or Jessie. Mary didn't worry much. She got Natalie as a friend, another senior.
She stayed quiet again and checked her flip phone to check updates from Jessie.
Nothing. . .
Mary stared at her window, watching cars pass by with buildings blocking the sunlight that goes into the classroom.
" Hey, are you good?" Someone tapped on Mary's shoulder beside her on her left.
Mary looked up and stared at the girl beside her. " Hi! I'm Nina." The girl gave a small wave.
"Uh hi, I'm Mary. And yes I'm good." Mary replied with a smile. "That's good! You don't look like you recognize anyone from this class. You new?" Questioned Nina.
" No .. I'm from here, it's just I don't know these people from middle school."
"Oh I see.. I recognize some people here.. they suck ass." Nina looked around the class.
"What?-" Mary stared .
"Figure of speech.. Sorry. They don't really suck ass.. I hope." Nina rethinking to herself.
"Uh yeah.. um.." Mary looked confused.
"OH! Do you want to sit with me at lunch! I'm lonely haha." Nina laughed and pat Mary on the shoulder.
"Oh um.. I actually have to meet someone at lunch.. you can come with me if you like." Mary smiles at Nina.
"Oh sure! Who are they? If you don't mind me asking Mary.."
"Just some neighbors.. their name's Jane and Jessie-"
"HOLD ON. . . Jane? Like Jane Richardson?" Nina got up and placed her hands on Mary's desk.
"Uh yeah. Why?" Mary stared at Nina terrified.
"She's like popular in this school is what I heard! Like A on a roll student! I met her sister, and of course she ditched me haha.."
"Wait why?" Mary questioned.
"Eh.. It was my fault, I was being too annoying towards them. But it's ok, I didn't mind.But man! Lucky you, how y'all manage to become friends?" Nina said excitedly.
"They came to my house for dinner cause something with their and my father did. My father wanted to thank their father so he invited them to our house."
"That's so cool!" Nina said with excitement.
"Ok class settle down, it has been passed 2 minutes!" Announcing Mrs. García.
"We will start our Ice breaking activity together."