-Lunch-

When the bell rang, Nina agreed with Mary that she will meet up with her with Jane and Jessie at lunch. Mary walked down the hall to the art class. Walking in, the class was quite quiet. " What is your name sweetie?" Ask the teacher by the door. "Mary." She answered.
"Mary... " the teacher scrolled down the paper with her finger looking for her name.
"Ok Ms.Vaughn , your seat is on the left behind Helen. The one by the white board." Said the teacher pointing . Mary sat in the seat behind the guy. She couldn't see anything in front of her besides a back, but Mary didn't mind at all. The teacher closed the door behind her and walked up to the class. She introduced herself like other teachers did.
"We won't be doing any hard stuff during this week, you guys can get out a piece of paper from my desk or your journals with a pencil, you can draw until the bell rings. You may whisper to the people in front,behind, and beside you. Don't get up unless I let you." Announced the art teacher.
Didn't seem that hard, when Mary got out her pencil bag, she saw that Helen was drawing a beautiful sketch in his journal. A picture of a bird's skull on the page.
"Cool drawing you got there." Mary complimented quietly. "Uh, yeah. Thanks." Said Helen , giving Mary a smile.
" you're welcome!" Mary continued what she was doing and start sketching in her journal, Mary drew Tigger and Winnie the Pooh. She didn't know what else to draw. She decided to space out a bit till the end of class.
The bell rang, it was lunch time. Mary rushed through the crowed of students through the halls. It was packed and squished her. A hand pulled her backpack back that it yanked her and bump into someone's nose.
"OUCH SHI-" yelled Jane covering her nose with her hands. Jessie beside her burst into tears and laughed at Jane while her nose was bleeding. "PFFTT AHAHHSHSHA!!!" "NOW THAT'S FUNNY JANE.!" Mary look up at Jane and hurried grabbing a handkerchief from her backpack, and grabbing Jane's hand away to clean her nose. "We should go to the nurse Jane! I'm so sorry!!!" Cried Mary while cleaning the blood spilling out Jane's nose.
" No.. No, I'm fine Mare. It was my fault heh.." Jane grabbed the handkerchief from Mary and clean off the access blood from her hands and her nose. " Whoaaa.. what happened here y'all?" Yelled Nina coming over. Jessie looked at Nina disgusted. " It's nothing.. go somewhere else Nina.." suggested Jessie.
"What? What a party pooper Jessie. Actually Mary let me joined y'all." Smiled Nina and looking at Jessie all cocky. " Ugh.. whatever, only for today Nina!.." "Cool, so uhh... what happened to Jane?" Nina looked all confused.
"It's nothing Nina, I'm ok. Let get a table.. the table I talked about before probably packed already.. " Jane grabbed Mary's hand with her left and hold the handkerchief on her nose on the right. Jessie suspected Jane's movements on Mary. "Huh, Jane I never knew you like holding hands with people." The last time I see you holding hands with someone was me haha." Jessie walked beside Jane on her right. "Is there somethin—" "NO. Jessie I'm leading her with us to a table.." Jane interrupted Jessie. "She can just follow us Jane.." Jessie looked at Jane with suspicion looking back at Jane's hand and back to her face. "Uh huh..." Jessie backed away and walked behind them.
When they got a table, the girls unpacked their lunch from their bags. "How's your nose holding up Jane?" Asked Mary while opening her zip-lock bag with her pita sandwiches inside. "I'm ok now.. sorry about your handkerchief. . . " Jane said folding it.
"It's ok, you can throw it away. I don't really use them no more. I hold them in case something happens like this Jane." Jane open up a container of banquet brand of chicken nuggets with a coke can and chips. Nina and Jessie walked up to the lunch line to get their food. It was just Jane and Mary alone.
"So.. um you like it here?" Jane asked scooting a little inch by Mary. " Yeah, this school is pretty nice... but yet still hard for me to talk to people.." she answered. "I understand.. it's hard to get comfortable here. But you'll get used to it. You'll open up in no time." Jane said eating her nuggets." Want some?" Jane pushed her container of nuggets to Mary. " No thanks.. those kinda nuggets make me gag.." Jane pulled back her nuggets and continued eating." Ah ok, I promise I'll remember that!" Jane smiled. "Dang it.. today they have beans with green beans on the side and bread.!!" Jessie said upsettingly. "And this is why... you should have packed your own lunch." Jane said suggested. "Whatever. They also have dried stale burgers too but they looked like sh!t.." Jessie said playing her food."That doesn't sound bad." Jane said taking a sip of her coke can. "You know how much I hate school lunches!" "Well next time pack your own lunch." Jane said annoyed.
The girls started eating their lunch, beside Jessie. Jane and Mary started talking to each other. Nina was busy talking to the kids right beside her. Jessie played with her game boy.
   "So , are there any boys you like? Or interested in dating?" Jane asked quietly .
Mary stared at jane and answered," Well.. I mean.. I'm not really interested in dating anyone. Do you?"
"Heh, yeah. "  Jane smiled. "It's complicated to say this but I have a crush on a girl. We met last week, she was kind and sweet."  Mary thought to herself, whose this girl? " Do you at least know her name?" " Yeah. But, I think I'll keep it a secret." Jane answered. "Hey, I since you and me are in the same chemistry class, we can do projects together! Every year this school, chemistry classes do fun small projects. Like the ones you see on YouTube, those crappy projects. We could maybe work it at my place, and make slime or something cause those are pretty much easy ones!" Jane said excitedly. "Wow, sounds cool! I never done slime before.." Mary said. " Well today you will!" Jane said putting her around Mary's shoulder. Just 2 more periods to go and we will meet, Mary." "Ok!" Said Mary.
Lunch time has come to an end. The girls separated and zoom to their classes. Few more classes, Mary hit Chemistry class to meet up with Jane.