Weekends

The first school week flew by quick , it was Saturday morning at 8 AM. Mary was sitting in the dining room table with her bowl of cereal beside her and her flip phone in her hand. She was texting Jane of course. No one was home that day, her mom went to do some errands and her father at work. She was home alone .
Jane and Mary gotten a little closer from before they first met. Mary was comfortable talking about herself, and so were Jane as well.
—-Texting—-

Jane: You want to get ice cream with me and Jessie? We can pick you up if it's alright with you.

Mary: Oh, uh sure. I don't mind, my parents won't be coming home very soon.

Jane: : Alright, we will come by in about... 5 mins. Ok?

Mary: Ok, got it.

—End Text—

When Mary got ready, she heard someone knock on the front door. It was Jessie behind it, " Ready? " Jessie asked smiling.
"Yes I am." Answered Mary. The two girls walked down the porch, Mary used her keys to locked the door and put the key in her purse.
When they got the car, Jessie put her legs in the dashboard when the car started. Mary placing her bag on the  ground, getting herself comfortable in the back, and buckled.
"Jessie , y'know you're not supposed to get ur nasty feet on my dashboard.." Jane looking at Jessie from the corner of her eye. "Fine whatever." Jessie replied, putting her both legs down. It wasn't such a long drive to get there as Mary thought it would be. As the girls got out the car, they walked in side a Baskin Robbins building to get their ice cream.
"Hello welcome to Baskin Robbins, what can I get for you three?" The lady behind the counter asked. The girls discussed for a few seconds.
"I will have rocky road on a small cone. Uh, she wants strawberry with a small cone as well. And she will get mint in a bowl." Jane said.
"Bowl?! No I said cone!.." Jessie muttered at Jane angrily. "I'm sorry uh , I mean Mint on a small cone please." Jane said smiling at the lady.  "Y'know I was kidding haha." Jane whispered in Jessie's ear. "Well you almost MADE HER.." Jessie replied looking at Jane.
After Jane paid, the girls went out and sit on the edge of the crosswalk by their car. It was nice out in the open, with nice wind blowing. The girls enjoyed their ice cream and chatting about how their days been and such. Jessie have ate all of her ice cream, and so did Jane. All it's left is Mary with her small ice cream cone with a bit of strawberry ice cream on her cheek. " You've got some right here." Jane giggled slipping her finger under the cream to scoop it off Mary's face. " I could've clean it myself Y'know.." Mary said wiping off the small residue with a small napkin Jane hasn't scooped up. "Only trying to help." Jane replied, licking off the tip of her index finger where the ice cream was at. "Hm..Sweet." She added.
After the girls got themself finished with there ice cream, Jane unlocked the car door for Jessie to go inside and let her have some alone time. Meanwhile, Jane and Mary were still hanging around the sidewalk chatting.
"So.. about the Woods investigation. I would love to hear more about it! Since my dad really didn't have time to speak about it." Mary asked, trying to make a nice conversation.
"Hmm.. Not that I know of, I know Liu woods is still resting and getting fixed up at the hospital.. Jeffery? I've heard he have killed 2 drunk douchebags in the middle of a walking trail. Leaving their heads on the top of some small trees with their beer bottles shoved into their mouths. And another, young girl about your age, trying to gain his trust or something .. I don't know, sounds made up.. But that's what I've heard, she's from our school too. Didn't catch the name of who... "  Jane explained.
"If he comes around my family, Y'know damn well I'll kill him.!" Jane said pumping herself up. "Anything for the ones I love!"
"That's really sweet. Have you ever met the Woods?" Mary added another question.
"Heck yeah! They just moved into the neighborhood last year, that's where all hell began! Got beat up by some kids , being the loving brother he is .. He stood up for himself protecting his older brother Liu. I used to be friends with his brother. But, now things changed after the party incident with Randy and his gang.I've wanted to help out putting out the fire he was in.. But I was too late. He passed out after someone put him out. I went back inside waited for my parents to come back from work and tell about what the hell just happened. After Jeff tried " Murdering" his older brother , and his parents.. My father decided to sell the house and move somewhere else. Far away ... where it all happened. But if I did kill Jeffery woods.. Not only I feel good about myself on protecting me and my family.. but he's also a kid.. and It's just hard thinking about it too. I'm not saying I wanted to happen! It's just I'm just thinking that's all." Jane answered. Sitting back down on the edge of the sidewalk. Mary decide to join her to.
" I understand Jane.." Mary said comforting her. "Let's.. um change the subject shall we? I wouldn't want you to get your strength get all mushy." "Yeah, you're right." Jane agreed, thinking of something what to say.
"Single?" She asked.
"What?? No. I mean yes!. Uh yes
I am single.!Why?.." Mary said stuttering.
"Well, hehe good. I wouldn't want your little self get to the wrong arms and waste it." Jane said smirking. "Waste.. what exactly???" Mary questioned looking at Jane puzzled.
" You're first kiss Mary ! And maybe when you get older, you better find someone good to do the nasties." Jane said laughing. " JANE- NO... No way I'm doing that in my life! NEVER! " Mary said turning all red in embarrassment, hiding her face under her sleeves.
"Im KIDDING! Don't worry, you're a smart and a sweet girl. Y'know better what to do and what not to do. No one will ever date a boring nerd who follows the rules.. like you anytime." Jane said flicking Mary's glasses.  "HEY!.." Mary said trying fix her glasses. "Y'know why?." Jane added. "What.." Mary replied putting on a small pouting face.
"You're already someone's interested, and I don't think they will be happy if you date someone that is not worth your time!" Jane said excitedly. "You could have said that sooner!" Mary said punching Jane's shoulder."No need to make me all flustered for no reasons dammit." Mary said repeatedly punching Jane's shoulder. "Ouch- where did you learn how to punch like that, actually hurt really bad!" " Uh my dad , he teaches me . He's a sheriff!" Mary said still angry at Jane.
"Well I think I need a ice pack, nurse." Jane said jokingly while holding her right arm.
"And probably a kiss on where the bruise is" Jane said confidently. Mary added another punch to the shoulder, "I think I'm good. Let's go home before you're sister asks questions about what the hell just happened.."
"Fine. You're right." Jane said, agreeing with Mary. Mary got up and grabbed Jane's hand to pull her up to get her to walk to the car. When they opened, Jessie was just texting her friends on her phone listening to her music.
Jane and Mary got in and then start the car to go home.

(I have no idea what I am doing- y'all really wanted me to continue this cringe story 😭..)