Down

It wasn't a long trip down the mountain, thanks to bicycles. When they made half way down they decide to take a break when Jane spotted a couple of portable restrooms. The girls sat opposite ends by their bikes parked. The two gotten bitter with each other. Jane decided to break the silence, "I apologize." She said looking at Mary."Its fine" she answered with a slight smile. Jane could tell her head was rubbed up against her left hand. Feeling the small bruise when she fell. "Are you gonna be ok? Looks like its pretty bad." Jane added, keeping the conversation running. "Its not bad, its just a scratch. Tiny drops of blood isn't anything major" she sighed. "Plus it dried, it just.. itches." Jane scooted close to her, away from her bike and leaned her head on Mary.
"So much for a date huh?" She enthuse comedy."I guess. Never knew my first would be so.. chaotic?" She turned to look at Jane. "How are we gonna get your car Jane? Tires are flat and it took us 15 minutes to get down here. We aren't even close to the main entrance at all.
"No worries, I'll call a tow truck to come get it for me and replace the tires later after we get down." Jane answered with a small shrug.
"Next time... I'll take you on a date." Mary suggested." Oh yes please. But it better not be a shopping date to Barns & Nobles." She joked.
"No!" She laughed in embarrassment,"I say we should just go to the movies." Jane looked at her with a smirk,"Back to the future? Cause you love...history?" Mary face palmed and laughed with Jane. Out came a man who came out of one of the portable restrooms, he looked at the two girls who were leaning on the trees chilling. "You girls lost?" The man asked. Buckling his belt after he got out. "No.. but we just biked down here cause of a incident. My phone doesn't work to call the authorities." Jane answered. "Oh what happened up there? Were you guys hurt?." He said as he got his walkie-talkie out of his pocket. He was actually a cop in disguise? "Oh um.. theres a mass murderer up hill, my car tires were popped when I was with my girlfriend on a date. She banged her head along the way." Jane explained. Mary turned her head and revealed the small rash on behind her head with dried blood around. "Could you possibly describe the murderer." He said as he hooked the walkie-talkie on his chest and took out a pen and a notepad. "His name is Jeffery Woods. He had a white hoodie, I think black jeans? And he had black hair. And a disgusting carved smile on his face is all I know. And there was another with him. Nina Hopkins, she had a purple hood. I didn't see the rest of her since she was chasing a couple." Jane explained again.
"Jeffery Woods? The missing boy?" He repeated. "Yes sir."she replied.
"Nina Hopkins, the girl who also went missing. Thank you ladies I'll get my team to look out for them. You two go home, but first what are your guy's names?" He said as he wrote the descriptions jane prescribed. "Jane Richardson. " "Mary Vaughn." The both girls answered the disguised cop. "Thank you so much you two. You may go, I promise I'll call a repair man to come pick up your vehicle. Got any ways to get back with you. Number or email address?" He said as he closed his notepad and looked at Jane."Ill give you my number." As Jane and the cop were discussing Mary checked her phone to see if theres a good chance for signal of texting Jessie. Her messages weren't sending at all at the time. Jane got up and picked up Mary by the hand after she was finished."Lets go back to my place, they'll take care of this." As Jane got on her bike, the cop was speaking on the walkie-talkie. And gave the girls a thumbs up that his men are on his way. The girls rode the stolen bikes and all the way to home. As they both got home they were welcomed with Jessie shocked seeing the horrible mess the girls were in. "Mary will need a bath first. And then me, I'll explain after we are done." Jane said running up the stairs with Mary. Jessie stood there by the stairs worried. As the girls got to Jane's room, Mary already hopped in the shower and borrowed a shower cloth to clean herself up and the wound. Jane was sitting by her desk with her foot tapping the carpet. Up and down.
It didn't take long and then Jane got in herself. Mary was drying her hair with a towel that she was given from Jane. She was standing in front of a changing mirror trying to look at the rash. It looked as if it was all better but it still itched. Jessie enters the room sitting on Jane's bed waiting for an answer from the two. But she decided to ask Mary. So.. what the hell happened? Did Jane mess up the date or something?" Mary looked back at Jessie with surprise."No! The date was great.. We just saw.. um Jeff in the woods." She sighed continuing drying her hair.
"THE Jeffery Woods?! Found in the woods?! Wow Woods found in the woods, anyway jokes aside... WHAT-?" Jessie jumped up with shock.
"Can't believe that douchebag is still around.." she added. "Yeah.. we also saw Nina too.. she didn't look so good, it looked as if she was helping and went all coo coo.." said Mary, making a crazy gesture with her finger.
"Don't tell me they're like Harley Quinn and the Joker." She rolled her eyes. "What do you mean." Mary sat down clueless. "YOU'RE telling me you don't know Harley Quinn and the Joker ?!" Jessie gasp. "I'm kidding, yes I do. I don't watch Batman I'm more of a Superman fan." She said with a slight smile.
Jessie rolled her eyes with disgust"Get away from me" she said jokingly. After the girls had a small chat, Jane came in the room. Her hair was already dried thanks to her blow dryer. She was wearing her gym uniform attire for comfort. "Did Mary tell you anything about what happened?" She said with a sigh, leaning against her door frame."Yeah sounds like Nina is with the "King of LA" " she said with a Batman reference."Anyways I'm glad you guys are safe.. for now. Now we know those assholes are around we have to be more cautious." Jessie sighed in distraught. "Woo can't wait for "NO Halloween". Shits gonna get crazy." She added as she relaxed on Jane's bed." There's no point in going out, I already explain to the cop that was at the mountain." Jane murmured. "I'm sure everyone is gonna watch the news about some mass murderers lingering around. Jeff could be just some stupid clown but turn out to be his SFX make up is so surreal. The only ones who are going out are just dumbasses who think it's just some stupid hoax. And make it up to be some YouTube trend to just go out looking for him like he's some sort of ghost. Like those ghost hunter shows on TV" She added with disgusted.
"I'm sure 10% of stupid people would go out. And 90% of us stay in on cozy watching slasher films." Mary said joining the two girls chilling on the bed. "What about the people who are doing Halloween parties... I wanna go so bad I've planned out a great costume." Jessie said sadly. "I doubt everyone is gonna listen. Of course there's gonna be parties. Probably at the first class neighborhoods or probably down town." Jane suggestion. "Imagine everyone dresses up as Jeff and Nina like it's the big celebration where crime breaks out like the Joker movie." Jessie rolled her eyes to look at Jane. "Well don't think that. It's not gonna happen. Plus Joker is fake no one in reality is gonna go crazy and have some sort of Jeff the killer rampage parade. That's just nuts!" She replied."Well all that matter we aren't those type of people. No need to over think the situation." Mary look at both of them with a stare."Think real, staying home isn't such a big deal anyway. Just locking the doors and windows should do the trick.I'm sure Jeff and Nina would be trying to go to places that some people go to.. like the park." The both girls stared at her and looked at each other. "Jessie, needs to stop overthinking." Jane said poking Jessie's nose. "Hey!."
"I guess... I should go home now. My parents are probably expecting me to come home today." Mary said getting off the bed. "Cmon.. it's only Saturday. I'm they don't mind another night." Jane replied with a sly smile.
"Fine.. I'll text my mom later about this." She sighing. "YES" said Jessie and Jane.