Graduate

It was a New Year finally almost a few months away from Summer Break. Although the girls couldn't do anything to stop Jeff and Nina, they had to give up. Jessie had said that they should let the professionals take care of it, and besides everything about Jeff is already on the local news. Mary had agreed, there was nothing really but just watch out for one another. Jane in the other hand demanded justice from Jeff. But all she can do is just protect her little sister and let Mary's dad handle the rest. Both Mary and Jessie had to finish their finals before they can head on out, with Jane already agreed to stay home and not graduate. Mary thought it was dumb but she and Jessie understand not to even bother her. They didn't push her to go back to school, they just have to leave her at peace at home.

At school, kids have been called out missing. Even , Natalie... She sighed and looked around the cafeteria for her friends, all she could spot were half empty tables with chairs pushed in. It was a nightmare. People exclaimed that kids have been just skipping classes or leave school early. The school was even short on staff. It made Jessie and Mary feel uneasy on what they are experiencing. The school even had a lockdown couple weeks ago after New years just because they heard a murder case near campus. People were just gone, until they checked the news. People had started gotten missing others were missing cause of death. Most of them were 16 and above. It made the girls afraid to face whats out there.
Authorities haven't figured where the murderers were at but most of them happened around their area. Most crime scenes were caught in the woods and neighborhoods . "Things are just happening way to fast.." Mary said with sorrow. "It's all Jeff's doing.. he must've been really getting helped out by Nina.. I don't know.." Jane replied. "Natalie wasn't even at the school when we came back. Is she ok? I have her number but she wouldn't answer.." Mary said. "Hey?? Why can we all just drop this crap, we know teenagers are going around missing. All we can do is look out for each other. No one else. We are smart right?" Jessie hollered with stress. Making the room silent to get their attention. She sighed and turned off the tv, and turned to face them. "Mary's dad is doing his job right? He's a brave man and he's doing his best to look out for us! We should be grateful we even have a home to live in Jane! Let all out worries aside and just focus on the positive!" Jessie said, trying to get some sense out of her sister. "You know how many kids without parents? Siblings? I can't let that happen! I am grateful that Mary's family let us in with open arms but it's just sickening to hear teens have to live some else where their parent died cause of this or even parents having to lose their children! I need to at least do something." Jane exclaimed she was a bit jittery on the topic, it made her shallow. "Jane I think we should drop this and have all of us relax from a hot shower.." Mary said having her hand on her shoulder trying to relax her, there really is nothing Jane can really do but just hope for the best for everyone. Mary knew she would get sensitive over the topic of kids not having parents or the other way around. She needed to help clear her mind away from the stress she is giving.
The sisters calmed down a bit, with Jane taking a few breaths and agreeing that a shower will help her. Jessie in the other hand gave a slight nod at Mary for agreeing with her. While Jane was about to hop in the shower she needed Mary to talk to her in private about the situation. "If you don't mind could you come in the bathroom with me.." Jane said quietly.
"Que-?" Mary said surprised. "Oh not like that Mary, you can just sit on the toilet while the shower curtains are closed up.. I just need to talk to someone while I'm getting a cool off.." she insisted as she turn the bath on. "Sigh... fine." Mary said covering her view from Jane to be more polite, right where Jane needed her to be, she then sat on the toilet like she asked for.

"Do you think it's true. That we couldn't do anything. Like at all." Jane asked.
"Yeah.. all we can do is just hope for the best for everyone, my dad is trying his best out there to help solve the dozens of crimes that are going around." Mary answered.
"Soon one day, I will get everyone justice. No matter how hard it is to find Jeff. I will bring justice." Jane said as if it was her dream.
"We need more people like you.. what you said to me when my parents left, I really needed it and it helped me to not give up on hope. That I've know that not only my parents have giving me and my sister great support and looking out for us but you too for being here. Existing in our life. I don't know how to thank you." She exclaimed. Mary looked around her surroundings smiling. "You could... instead school just get a job. It will be very helpful for your sister's benefit and even help around the house." She insisted. "What kind of job? I've been meaning to get a job for a while!" Jane said. "Well it's your choice I guess.. restaurant, grocery store?.." Mary said listing different types of jobs. "What's about.. Ihop!" She said with a glistening dramatic effect.
"That'll do. Haha" she said agreeing with Jane.
She poked her head out of the shower curtain and smiled at her girlfriend as if it was a thank you to Mary. "I'll head down now, Ill ask my mom if she could drop you off at your new job." Mary said as she started to exiting the room.
"IF I get the new job." She corrected as she pulled away from the shower curtains to continue showering.

As days passed by, the murder crimes that have been going around have been slowly decreasing. People soon to open their shells to see the coast is clear. There were probably one or two crimes here and there but it wasn't that bad to everyone right?.. Days became a bit bright for Mary and Jessie to get out of their school year hosting a small graduation ceremony for Jane at a nice park. It was all set up by Mary's wonderful parents with all her friends as well. She even got a home made printed diploma made by Mary so she wouldn't feel empty handed. She knew she failed her education but that didn't stop her to be proud of herself gaining happiness and love from everyone who was even there at the ceremony.
But she was still feel a bit cautious of her surroundings. Noticing that there haven't been another murder crime, she still wanted her justice from everyone and even her who have lost loved ones. "Congratulations Jane." Mary said popping out from behind her with a hug.
"Thanks Mary, all this?? Thank you for everything, if you weren't in my life this would've even happened.. really I have very very thankful-" as Jane was about to finish her sentence, Mary gave a sweet kiss to Jane on the lips then smiled. It made Jane surprise and ended with a smirk. "Hm.. cherry." She recited from beginning of when they first kissed. "STOP IT.." Mary covered her face in embarrassment. "Haha, it's alright Mary. You're cute when your like that." Jane exclaimed. "Shut up.. and you're welcome." She said with small aggression. The two girls started to laughed.