-Jane's Place-

When Mary got back from her last period, she followed the other kids to the front of the school. There she met Jane under the school's flag pole along with Jessie waiting for her.
"So, how y'all's first day?" Jane asked putting her her hands on their shoulders. "Eh.. boring."
Jessie replied."Very, can you drop me off to my friends?" She added. "It was great I guess.." Mary answered." That's nice, and sure, I'll pick you up at 7:30 before mom and dad comes home." Jane said.  "Thanks." The girls walked down the crosswalk to get to the car, and finally go home. There's a bit of a small traffic coming back home but they manage get home safely. Before going home, Jane dropped off Jessie like she said she would. Then drive back home, during the car ride Mary texted her mom if she could stay over at Jane's house for the project. Of course she said yes. When they got there, Jane parked her car beside of the road and open Mary's door as if she's gonna walk on the red carpet. Jane then unlocked the front door and went inside turning in the kitchen lights on. Mary neatly took off her shoes and backpack aside by a small bench. Jane threw herself and the bag with her on the couch."So, a small project.. I got glue and laundry soap to make slime then we are done for the rest of 2 weeks." Jane said. "We can't just make slime without a presentation, Jane.." Mary said coming over to the couch." Just say the ingredients and describe how it forms into slime. Cause I don't know, I did slime all of my chemistry classes in the beginning. Though I forgot what I said last time." Jane said while rolling over to see Mary who is sitting on the couch next to her. "I'll write it then, shouldn't be that hard to write a 5 sentence for a presentation." Mary said confidently. "Alright, I'll go get the stuff. Wait here." Said Jane getting up. "Like I'm gonna escape. Haha." Mary thought. When Jane got the stuff to make the project she came back with Elmer's glue , laundry soap, a bowl with spoons, and food coloring. Then set it on the dining table. "You wanna make it? Or I will?." Jane ask. "I guess I can do it." Mary said. Mary sat next to Jane and started making the slime. She poured the ingredients in and then let Mary do the mixing." Jane, thanks for helping me back there." Said Mary smiling while mixing. " With what?." Jane answered." For standing up, y'know what you did in the hall?" Mary replied. "Oh!.. that , nah it was nothing..." Jane said smiling."please don't bring it up, please don't bring it up..." Jane thought to herself. "Say, about what happened after.. uh." Mary added. "AW SHOOT, she brought it up!.." Jane worried in her mind. " Why does Courtney care about a stupid bench? I mean it's just a bench right?" Mary said. Jane had a blank face on her staring at Mary. "Oh.. uh , I have no idea either..probably she's  a spoiled child.. heh.." Jane answered. " That was close.." Jane thought. "Alright! Everything is done, looks cool too. I never made slime before." Mary said touching the slime that's on the table. "Well, I already thought of an idea what to say in the presentation. No need to worry about it, I'll do the talking." Said Jane. "Oh uh, ok." Mary replied. Jane got up and grabbed Mary's hand and lead her up to the stairs and into her bedroom. She shut the door behind her and sat on the bed. "We could watch a movie if you like in here or just talk." Jane said excitedly. "Hmm, let's talk. I wanna get to know you more Jane." She answered while joining to sit on the bed with Jane. "Bummer, but yeah sure that's a great idea." She replied.

—At Jason—

"So... you like this girl huh?" Questioned Samuel. " I mean, yeah. Do you believe in love at first sight?" Jason replied. "Not in particularly... No. I'm sorry but I have to say it's kinda stupid." He answered. "If she liked you back then that's just pure luck." He added.
"There's no way that beautiful girl like her can be gay!.." Jason said.
"Now you're just being stupid Jason. Like it's the other way around, she's just like Jane. She's way too good to be straight. Which could be possibly true. She may look all beautiful and cute but you don't know her Interests in a romantic relationship.." Samuel said putting his palm on his face. (🤦‍♂️) "You're right.." Jason said sadly. "I think it's time for you to go on ahead and see what they are doing.." said Samuel, giving Jason a walky-talky . Jason grabbed the walky-talky and left the house. He walked a couple blocks to Jane's house, wasn't that far. He look at the house and see if he could see through Jane's bedroom window. He found a ladder laying on the side of the house . Beside it were some white paint buckets and a few paint brushes. It seem like the Richardson's are repainting the whole house with new fresh white paint. He carefully brought the ladder up by the window where Jane's room is. When he got up on the small roof by the window, he settled on the wall next to the window. He could barely hear any noises behind the window, her tried to get a little peek through the curtains. There he saw Mary and Jane just sitting on the bed next to each other talking. "Are you there?" The walky-talky beeped. "Uh yeah I am, they aren't really doing anything besides talking. I can't hear what they're saying." He answered. "I'm not gonna stay here for too long. Maybe 20 or 30 minutes I'll stay here, her parents don't come back at 8." Jason added. He took another peak. " Be careful." Said Samuel warned. "I know." He replied.

—Back At The Girls—
"So! What are your interest? For me , I love watching horror movies and like watching wrestling with my dad on the tv." Jane said.
"You probably wouldn't be interested at all , it's boring haha.." Mary answered. " Cmon.. Mary . I'm listening." She said .
"Well.. I love painting , reading , and enjoy American history." Mary said. " I see , nerd haha. That explains the glasses! " Jane said joking around. "Stop!.." Mary said covering her face in embarrassment. Jane laughing and trying to pry open Mary hands to see her face. " I'm joking Mary, your cute when you're embarrassed. Hahaha. Sorry." Jane said finally seeing her face a bit red. " Well it's not funny." Mary said embarrassed.  " Well... you have any interest in being a relationship?" She asked.
"I mean... not in particular. Why?" Mary asked.
"If you don't mind answering , I wanna know if you like anyone specifically." Said Jane. "I don't know really, I'll just wait and see. It's like a surprise to be honest." Mary answered. " I see. Surprises are nice. " Jane said looking at her posters. "Yeah." Mary added. "Or just someone who has a nice and sweetest personality." She said. "That's nice. Y'know , me too." Jane said scooting a little close to Mary. "Do you think I'll find someone how I imagined it would be? Mary asked. " Hmm.. I'm gonna be honest. Yes , yes you will." Answered Jane looking Mary smiling. Jane got off the bed and walked towards the door and opened it. "Wanna get some snacks and watch some tv?" Jane said looking back.
"Sure , I don't mind." Answered Mary as she got off the bed and walked out the room to follow Jane. And closed her room behind her.
Back at Jason he started to notice the girls are heading downstairs, he got down from the roof ,placed the ladder back where it was before. Then headed home. "Nothing happened, they were just talking and then headed downstairs. I think Mary is leaving." Jason said to the Walky-talky. "Oh alright. Well  cudos to you for not getting caught." The walky-talky beeped. "Thanks."