Together Yet So Far Apart

Bellamy:

She's just standing there. Her hair glowing and blue eyes bursting with life. They look like water. Like something's living in them. Swimming around. Yet she stares straight ahead. Why isn't she moving?

"Clarke baby!" Abby yells and runs toward her. Arms outstretched. Up until then we've all been to shocked to make a move.

Abby face full of tears of joy sprint full force to her lost daughter. Just 5 feet before she reaches her Clarke collapses. Her screams pierce the air with pure agony.

That's it.

That's all it takes to get me to sprinting to her. Abby is just standing there in shock. As fast as I can I get down on my knees and look her over to see what's wrong. The screaming has stopped But now she's crying. Sobbing. I look her up and down and can clearly see she's lost a lot of weight because all she's wearing are very small white shorts and some white fabric is wrapped around her chest. I can almost see her ribs and a large scar is clearly visible on her stomach. It's strange that she's so skinny considering she had not been eating much before hand. They must have starved her. But she looks healthy other wise?

"What did they do to you?" I whisper as I go to look at her tear stained face.

Her bright blonde hair is thrown all over the dirt as a result of her collapsing. She looks filthy now. I go to search her face for any sign of damage again but as I look something catches my eye. A collar. Its make out of black wires and a red light is glowing bright.

That must be it.

I claw at the collar but it's almost as if it's sewn into her skin. She screams again and the look on her face makes me want to faint. But I don't she needs me. I go to cup her face but her eyes deal themselves shut quickly. I check her pulse to find its slowing. Way down.

"Clarke! It's me Bellamy! You need to wake up!" I scream at her as I grab her face and cradle her body in my arms.

This can't be real. I can't lose her like this. I can't lose her. I'm going to fucking kill Cage the second he steps out of his rat hole.

Without me knowing Abby had snuck behind me with a flashlight. I can now see Clarke fully. She looks so...so...sad. All the sudden her eyes flutter open and her bright blue eyes engulf me and almost makes me forget what's going on.

"Bell?" She whispers.

"Clarke it's me." Is all I manage to spit out before I feel weak arms nagging me back.

"What!" I say as I whip around. Its Abby.

"I'm the doctor and her mother. Back away!" She yells and it takes every ounce of respect and pride to let go of Clarke and let her sorry excuse of a mother be the one to help her. After the first to steps I almost start running back to Clarke again except some extra guards walk me the rest of the way back.

I stand next to Raven and we both watch in horror as Clarke closes her eyes, covers her ears and screams.

"Who are you!" And cries some more. "What did you do!" She screams.

All I can do is sit there and watch Abby pat Clarke on the back and think everything is magically going to be okay. Well it's not. Clarke sits on the door step of a crazy mountain that tore her apart for me. A mountain she just got out of but hasn't escaped yet. She sits there almost naked it the freezing cold night and falls apart. And for what. For me to stand here and watch it happen.

She whispers something to her self and I can make out the beginning but the end is too soft.

"No. No more death...." Is all I can hear even with the dead silence from everyone. Almost as if out respect for a fallen solider. And that's not at all it. Clarke is a warrior. A leader. A princess. But that's just part of it. My princess is broken. That's it. All broken things can be fixed with enough effort. And I will give my life to fix you Clarke. I promise.

"My name is Anna!" I hear her scream.

Before I know it I'm sprinting back to her. The guards not bothering to stop me. I push Abby out of the way seeing she has done nothing to help her.

I take her in my arms and lift her head. I don't know at what point I started crying but I can tell because my tears fall onto her and mix with her tears.

"I'm sorry bell. I should have let her go." She squeaks and I collapse onto her and bawl. That's all I can do now.

The red light is now in my face and continues to get brighter almost mocking me. When it's as bright as I think it can be I feel hands on my shoulders. The light brightens when people get near it!

I turn to see Abby face of tears. All I can do let go of Clarke and drag Abby back. As I do the light gets darker till it's completely off. That's it we can't go near her or the collar will hurt her.

That son of a bitch Cage better start writing his will. I turn to see Abby has caught on.

"It's the collar." I clarify just in case.

I turn to see if Clarke is still kind of ok to see she passed out cold. I take one step forward and the light perks back on and Clarke's eyes shutter open and she lets out any agonizing scream. All I want in the world is to run over there and cut off that collar and hold her in my arms, but instead I quickly take a step back, not wanting to hurt her any further, and the light flicks off. I look at Abby and see she wants to do the same as me, but knows it will only hurt her more. I look around to see everyone else gets it too. Don't go near Clarke, I think to myself as I look back to her.

She looks dead. Cold and lifeless. But I know she's alive. She has to be right? Or was this all just a cruel joke by Cage. He knows I love her. How better to get back at me than for me to kill her as soon as I got close to her. The thought terrifies me.

"Is Clarke going to be okay?" I ask Abby not turning my eyes away from Clarke's limp body.

"Well." She sighs and turn to face her. "The collar probably administers an electric shot anytime anyone steps about......" she looks from Clarke to where we stand. "10 feet from her. So judging by the time we spent in that bubble I would say if we had stayed there 10 more minutes she would have almost died. She's passed out, not dead if you look closely you can see her chest rise and fall." I let go of a ounce of worry. "If we step in at least 5 more times she could die from all the sudden shocks. And if she doesn't wake in half and hour there could be per-" through her entire explanation she had had a level voice and spoke as if it was all business, like a good doctor does, not letting her emotions show but at the end of it all. Clarke is her daughter. And this hurts her just as much as the rest of us. I reach out to comfort her but she swats my hand away.

"Permanent damage." She says with tears in her eyes and runs off. Cain following right after her.

I look back to Clarke to see she's turning blue from the cold.

"Please wake up." I whisper to myself.