19- Walking next to you but I'm falling

It was radio silent for the older all night, he couldn't sleep well after their argument and not hearing from Felix was torture.

The next day everyone showed up to discuss the results, Felix avoid and ignored Chan the entire morning until it was his turn to talk.

He walked into the meeting room closing the door, Chan sat at the table with his iPad.

"Hey...morning..." Chan said softly, he could tell Felix cried last night from his puffy eyes.

"Morning commander" he said coldly to Chan, and that also hurt the older. Felix looked away feeling Chan's gaze on him, the older sighed just starting to explain his results.

"These are your scores:
Test 1: 86%
Test 2: 88%
Test 3: 85%
Test 4: 90%
Test 5: 86%

Your overall performance average is 87%... you improved by 3% since last time considering your knee issue...so congratulations Lixie..." Chan tried to say with a smile, Felix was internally happy he passed and could move on to the next tier of training...but after last night he was still upset with Chan.

"Thank you commander" he said plainly looking at him, Chan gazed at him with sad eyes seeing Felix act like this towards him.

"Felix-"

"May I go now? I recall I have a week break before next training right?" Felix said, Chan nodded.

"That's correct...but-"

"Thank you for your time commander, goodbye" Felix got up and left, Chan wanted to go after him but it was no use...he knew he couldn't talk to Felix without making a scene for all to know.

Lixie...

Thankfully the rest of Chan's unit passed too...but even with Great news...his heart felt heavy with sadness...he missed Felix.

And already it had been 3 days since he last spoke and saw him at the training center, no texts or response from the boy...it was killing the older.

I miss everything...

He was sitting on his bed thinking to himself, looking over at the small cute note Felix last left for him.

Love you Channie!
You are the best!

"Felix..."

                                             ~

Felix spent his break playing games with Han and friends and relaxing at his place, he was watching TV Monday night on the couch.

Hugging his plushie and staying warm under a blanket since it became colder outside.

"And this is boring too..." he changed the channel to something else, then he heard knocking on his door.

"Now what..." he huffed rolling his eyes getting up to go answer.

"Yes?"

"Lixie..."

Felix cracked the door seeing Chan, he wasn't expecting him at all.

"Chan? What are you doing here?" He gave a look to him.

"Felix, can we talk...? Please...I love you..." Chan pleaded, Felix thought for a moment and then opened his door stepping to the side.

"Fine...come in" he said quietly, Chan thanked him entering his place and taking off his shoes. He followed the boy inside seeing a candle lit.

"It smells nice...cinnamon?" Chan tried to ease the tension, Felix just nodded crossing his arms.

"Well...what do you want...?" Felix asked bluntly, Chan sighed taking off his jacket to put on the edge of the couch. He inched closer reaching to cup his cheeks.

"I want...you" he said softly, Felix looked away pushing him back some.

"Chan I already said I can't do this-"

"Felix I love you! And you love me...that doesn't just go away in a few days" Chan told him.

"Chan-"

"And don't deny you don't love me still! Because you're using that blanket I got you 2 weeks ago. If you really didn't love me anymore you wouldn't be using it still..." Chan pointed to the couch, Felix blushed a bit knowing Chan observed that.

"Chan, I-"

"Lixie...baby, please just hear me out...I know what we have it's special and it's hard as hell to keep a secret...I know it kills you inside when I have to be hot and cold with you, I hate it too" Chan confessed, Felix looked at him as he listened.

"None of this is easy, the sneaking around...not being able to hold each other for everyone to see...but it's not forever...it's just until you make it and graduate. That's just a few more months away-"

"And what makes you think I can deal with your hot and cold behavior for a few more months? I'm tired of it Chan-"

"Lixie I know! I know you are but...I don't...I really don't want to let you go...out of all the recruits throughout the years...no one...has made me feel like you do..." Chan reached for Felix's hips pulling him closer.

"No one caught my eye, like you did...the very first day I saw your beautiful freckled smile...it was like the sunshine greeted me...and then each day gradually...I fell for you...harder and harder..." Chan smiled reaching for Felix's hands, the younger looked at him with big eyes.

"Channie..."

"And that day you jumped into my arms when we were training alone...my heart...I already knew...belonged to you..." Chan said with love, he interlocked their hands.

"And then that night at the club...when we kissed...It felt like...someone lit the biggest spark inside me...and it was amazing..."

Felix shyly turned red and looked away, Chan reached to cup his face.

"Lixie..." he brought Felix's gaze back to him, the boy stared into his eyes.

"Chan..."

"I love you so much...that being away from you hurts...please...please give us another chance...we can make it work until you graduate, I know we can..." Chan whispered leaning his lips closer, Felix felt his heart beat faster.

"Channie..."

"I love you Felix" Chan said said before kissing him, and instantly both felt that feeling again. Felix kissed him back slipping his hands on his chest, the older kissed him deeper holding his arm around Felix's waist.

He gave the boy more kisses and then parted slowly from his lips.

"Lixie..." he kissed his cheek, Felix looked down then back at him.

"I...still love you too Channie..." he mumbled back, Chan smiled rubbing his thumb on his lips.

"Then you'll let us try again...? Please..?" He pleaded, Felix glanced away giving a small pout.

"If we can't go out on public dates then you're going to have to think of more creative at-home ones. And I don't mean just Netflix and chill" Felix scolded him, Chan smiled with a small laugh.

"I can do that, definitely...as long as I still have my cute mouse with me?~" he teased, Felix whined at him.

"Channie you're not allowed to bully me after getting back together...!" Felix pouted even more, Chan giggled at his cute response.

"Ok, I won't bully...but I'll do this..."

Chan kissed the boy again softly, Felix wrapped his arms around his neck melting into his touches. Chan kissed him more then picked him up by his thighs to take to his bedroom.

"Mmm...Channie wait...! Don't go in there-"

"Why not?~" Chan cut him off kissing him again, he got the boy to his bedroom but...

"Um...Lixie...why are there a ton of empty chocolate boxes all over your bed...and tissues?" Chan looked at the mess, Felix looked at it too getting embarrassed.

"D-don't judge me...! Break ups make you do crazy stuff! A-and I'm on a break too from training..." Felix whined hiding his face in Chan's neck, the older sighed with a small laugh.

"Oh Lixie..."

And he still doesn't think he acts like a mouse~