1- A new case, an unforgettable case

Already more than 5 years in the special ops force, Bang Chan moved his way up in the rankings with ease. Being naturally born fit and body of an athlete, he was always top of his class and trainings. Even being one of the youngest commanding enforcer leads amongst the units.

"Here Chan, these are the new recruits" Moonbyul handed him a sheet of paper with names, him and the other different unit commanders were in the meeting room discussing new recruits starting today.

Each unit had a new set of 8 recruits, and there were 10 units amongst the law enforcement department within Seoul. They had a set with few that either failed, dropped out, or passed moving them along to next ranking of training. Chan and 3 other commanders would be the ones to welcome and train " fresh meat" that comes in. 2 commanders for male recruits, and 2 for females.

The dark brunette sighed leaning against the wall looking at the paper, glancing up to see Moonbyul had 3 sheets of paper to the other training commanders JB, Jihyo, and Yeji.

Moonbyul and her partner Solar are Chief commanding enforcers above everyone else amongst the 4 units. The other 2 were for the elite special ops units and other 6 were spread out across different areas such as Forensics, IT, etc.

"Already? Let's hope these ones are better...I had only 2 of my last unit pass..." Chan sighed glancing at the list.

"At least you had 2 pass...I had none..." Jihyo sighed to him, the other commanders joined in chatter.

"These new recruits who applied have better backgrounds in the field, so we hope for the best. They're already here, so go meet them. And don't scare any of them on purpose, I'm talking about you JB" Moonbyul gave a look before leaving, he rolled his eyes while Yeji and the others laughed.

"Alright, let's go meet the freshmen~" JB gave a fake smile walking out after, the others gave laughs following out after. Already they saw a whole group of new recruits standing wearing all black training gear and combat boots.

"Ok, who wants to find out their unit first?" Jihyo asked the commanders with her.

"Ladies first~" JB teased her, they girls went ahead and called out the recruits in there unit and then JB, then lastly Chan.

"Ok...Minho?" He called looking up to 8 boys standing around left, one of them came forward greeting him.

"Hello!"

"Hi...ok, next Changbin?"

One by one he called more names of recruits, Hyunjin, Seungmin, Jeongin, and Q...then lastly one more.

"Ok, and last...Felix?" He looked up from the paper.

"Hi...that's me" he timid hello came from a deep voice, Chan looked up to see it was a raven haired boy walking forward. With each step closer he saw details, almost cat- like...and with freckles...

"Hey, welcome to the team" Chan smiled shaking his small hand he also noticed, Felix smiled back with a nod.

"Ok good, let me explain how it goes here..."

Chan explained everything to the new unit as he did with the last, giving details of how the next 8-10 months will be heavy training and grueling but the goal is for them to pass and move up to the mid tier ranking, and eventually the elite team.

They were all impressed Chan was one of the few from the elite unit and teaching new trainees.

"Yes?" One of the raised a hand to ask a question.

"You're a bit young...to be an elite...right?" Seungmin asked, Chan sighed always getting that question.

Of course

"Ok quick backstory, my parents were in law enforcement and I've been in the field since I was 17. I'm 24 now, that answer your question?" Chan said plainly, Seungmin nodded shyly.

"As I was saying these are the rules..."

Which included strict meal plans, schedules, and everything to be the very best.

Let's hope these new recruits are better than the last...

                                            ~

Which Chan was already seeing some good results the first week, everyone in his unit were doing well. Especially one who caught his eye the most, Felix.

He wasn't sure if it was the freckles or deep voice, but he was interesting to Chan.

"2 more miles!" He yelled holding a stop watch, the recruits were doing a long 8 mile run. He saw some running past him going down a concrete path, noticing Felix was running slow at the back.

"Felix? You gotta keep up" Chan yelled from afar.

"Y-yes sir!" Felix yelled panting heavily trying to catch up to the others, Chan couldn't help but smile a bit seeing him run like a cat.

He noticed Felix had a smaller frame with Jisung and Q out of the others in his unit, advising them to do more exercises to build stamina.

By the end of the second week, he saw improvement giving one-on-one feedback with each member. He wasn't sure why, but he was particularly curious about meeting with Felix.

"Hi commander Bang" Felix greeted him going into a meeting room sitting down in front of Chan.

"Hi Felix, I'm here to talk about your progress..." Chan smiled some showing an iPad to him, Felix looked at it but his smile faded.

"It says...I'm below 50%...?" He asked Chan with worry, the older sighed with a nod.

"Unfortunately you are lacking behind the others the most...these are the areas I need to see improvement in by week 4. At least to 50%, ok?" Chan said softly showing Felix the ratings, the younger boy nodded.

"Oh...ok...I really try my hardest to improve! But...can you give me advice on what to do...? I've always wanted to be in the special ops since I was in high school, I'm 20 now...so I'd like to make that happen" Felix asked him nicely, Chan smiled reaching to pat his head.

He wasn't sure why, but being near Felix always makes him smile the most out of all the recruits he has had in the past and the group he has now.

"Sure Felix, I'm here to help you pass and become an elite like me. I won't leave you behind" Chan added, Felix gave a small smile and giggle nodding.

"Thanks commander Bang!" Felix showed his freckled smile to Chan, and to the older...that...

What's this I'm feeling...?