17- Conditions are in crisis

Between last evaluation fails, expulsions, and recruits dropping out. What started as 32 in total across the units, left them with 19 now. 4 on Chan's team, 5 on JB's, 4 on Jihyo's, and 6 on Yeji's.

And after today, there may be even lesser...

Everyone arrived to the arena, but another part they have not seen before.

"Holy shit...Felix this looks like call of duty game we played!" Han poked his arm pointing around, the other side of the arena had a very complex obstacle course. More difficult wall climbs and many other things the recruits did not expect.

"Wow...you're right...this is cool! Like-"

"Listen up everyone, there are 5 tests today! We will be going in order of units. Understand?" Jihyo announce loudly with an iPad, her and the commanders were lined up in front.

The recruits all said yes in unison.

"Good, we will record your scores while we observe. We have decided you may be exhausted after today, so we will leave discussing your results for tomorrow morning 10 am sharp" Jihyo added, JB stepped forward to talk next.

"Each test is timed, if you give up, you fail. Any suspicions of cheating or sabotage to another recruit will lead to automatic expulsion"

The recruits became nervous listening more but said yes once again, Chan stepped forward to finish the last part of the speech.

"Now that everyone understands, the first unit to go will be Commander Lim, then Commander Hwang, after hers will be mine and lastly Commander Park's. The 5 tests will go in order as follows:

Test 1: Agility and flexibility
Test 2: Strength and endurance
Test 3: Stamina and speed
Test 4: accuracy and reaction
Test 5: Mental cognition and logic

Do I make myself clear?" Chan explained seriously to everyone, they all said yes nervously.

"Good, first unit you have 5 minutes to stretch then you will start. The rest, watch and observe quietly. Any questions?" Chan added walking around.

Someone from Yeji's team raised her hand.

"Yes?" Chan responded.

"Um...who are they?" She asked pointing to two men in the corner with large bags.

"Those are paramedics for any injuries, like I said these tests are harder than when you started. But if you trained properly then you have nothing to worry about" Chan said to her, as soon as Chan explained all the units started to become more anxious.

Han leaned closer whispering to Felix.

"Shit man...let's pray we make it out alive" he said nervously, Felix also felt his palms sweat.

"Ya...I hope so"

And so, the tests commenced. The first unit was JB and then Yeji, already 4 people out of both got injured breaking their arms and hurting themselves. It made everyone else self conscious.

The last 2 from Yeji's unit were doing the final tests as everyone watched, Chan's unit were standing around in a circle nervous as they were next.

"Guys that other dude fell off the top and broke his nose..." Seungmin freaked out whispering, Minho tried to calm him down.

"Seung just remember everything Bang showed us, it will be ok-"

"Hey, you 4 doing ok?" Chan came over to them as they were next, he could tell all were nervous.

"Um ya...just...trying not to vomit..." Han said anxiously to him, Chan looked at them all to see the worried expressions. Even Felix who looked out of it and in his own thoughts.

"You'll all be fine, I trained you well and you all listened" he said nicely to them, the 3 of them said a thank you as they went back to watching the other recruits finish their tests.

Chan noticed Felix however, was in a daze watching anxiously still in his thoughts. The older smiled inching closer to him and patting his head, knowing it usually puts the boy at ease.

"Commander...?" Felix snapped out of his thoughts turning his head, Chan smiled leaning closer.

"You will be fine Lixie, just remember to go your own pace" he whispered, Felix felt a little better.

"Thanks..." he smiled back, Chan gave a quick wink as he went walked around checking on a few others. And soon...it was his unit's turn.

"Alright Minho, you're up first" Chan had the iPad ready to keep score and each member's results.

"Yes sir!"

The other 3 cheered Minho on as he went to do his first test, they became quiet watching. Minho was thankfully doing well, then next would be Felix.

Minho completed all his tests in time and pretty well, making Felix nervous about his skills.

I have to make sure I make no mistakes

He nervously but his lip looking worried watching Minho do his 4th test, Seungmin and Han were watching too. Chan was observing from afar as the other commanders checked on their own units and chatted.

Chan glanced over to Felix from behind, he saw the boy's hand nervously making a small fist behind his hip. The older glanced around making sure no eyes was on him as he slowly inched closer behind Felix.

Felix kept thinking to himself.

I just have to think logically, and pace myself-

"Calm down Lixie, it will be ok"

Felix then heard Chan's whisper, he felt the older's hand on his back. Chan tried his best to help Felix's nerves.

Felix nodded and kept his eyes on Minho. He then felt the older's hand go lower to unclench his fist, gently holding his hand.

"I'm here, don't worry" he whispered again rubbing his thumb on Felix's wrist. The boy smiled a bit turning his head to him.

"Thanks..." he whispered back, Chan winked to him letting his hand ago walking forward to keep track of Minho again. Felix blushed some staring at the older's back.

Channie...

He felt better and in his own thoughts again...
But both failed to notice...

Someone did see Chan close to the boy and hold his hand, that someone being Yeji...

She raised an eyebrow seeing it odd and then started to think, starting to observe them more.

"Ok next, Lee Felix" Chan called for the boy once Minho finished. The other was out of breath and exhausted, going to almost collapse as he went to the members.

"Minho you did great!" Seungmin patted his back.

"Oh man I think I feel dizzy..." Minho panted, Seungmin helped walk Minho over to a bench near a wall to catch himself.

Felix noticed looking over.

"Good luck Felix!" Han said to him.

"Thanks Hannie..." he smiled to him, Felix took a deep breath stepping closer to the first test obstacle course. Chan inched over to him patting his head again.

"You ready?" He smiled to Felix, the younger looked at him nodding.

"As I'll ever be" he tried to joke.

"Alright go on" Chan gestured to the course, Felix went over to the start of it seeing the difficulty. He looked to Chan once more as the older started the timer on his watch.

"3 minutes starts now!" He said loudly for the boy to hear, Felix took one more breath then started.

May the odds be in my favor