Chapter 24: Nights Like This

Hailee POV

I don't usually work out before I have an event to go to, but then again I'm usually more certain than I currently am that I actually have an event planned.

She wouldn't have sent you the information if she didn't want you there. But she hasn't mentioned it either....

"There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you." Griffin says when he opens the door to the gym room.

"Here I am." I say flatly. Griffin just stands in the doorway looking at me. He barely said anything to me all week last week, but I think he's starting to unthaw a little bit.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready? Won't your team be here soon?" He questions. I shrug as I gather my things and wipe my face with my towel.

"I don't even know if I'm going or not. If I do I'm perfectly capable of getting myself ready." I say. After a moment of silent staring, Griffin sighs and sits me down.

"Why wouldn't you go? You know how much of a big deal this is for her. She deserves your support." He says softly.

"Because she probably doesn't even want me there, Griff." I admit.

"Did she tell you that or is that what you've convinced yourself to be true?" He counters. Stupid Griffin with his rational thinking.

"She hasn't said anything about it. She sent over the information but didn't mention if she actually wanted me to use it. And it's not like we haven't talked. She called me a couple times and we've texted every day!" I say, already feeling myself get emotional.

"Maybe she is just simply leaving it up to you. She didn't have to send you any information but she did. That matters. Stop overthinking and over analyzing. What do you want to do, Hailee?" My brother asks.

"I want to see her, to be with her. To support her. Because you're right, she does deserve it." I admit.

"Then what's the problem? Get up and get ready! Go get your girl!" Griffin exclaims excitedly. I still don't move.

"It's not that simple or easy. She doesn't want to see me. If she did, she would've come home by now. And it's not just her I'd be facing. Lizzie will be there too.  And for all I know, she could be bringing Flo with her! And if I'm gonna get slapped again, I'd rather it not be on a red fucking carpet." I say.

For some reason, my comment makes Griffin laugh. I shoot daggers at him. It's really not funny. Florence slapped the shit out of me, and she hits hard. I'm fairly certain that the only person that would ever hit harder for y/n is me.

"You've gotta stop punishing yourself, Hailee. If you want her back, you've got to put in the effort. Effort matters in general, but it's especially important to her. Sure, maybe you're right. Maybe she doesn't want to see you. But I guarantee you it'll mean something to her that you're there. Not going isn't going to help you. Feeling sorry for yourself in this situation that you created isn't going to bring y/n home. Being the Hailee she's crazy about is. Give her time and space, but also give her you." He advises. Again, stupid brother reasoning. When the hell did Griffin become so rational?

"I'll think about it, ok?" I say with finality, wanting this conversation to be over. I have too much thinking to do, and I need to do it on my own.

Y/N POV

"Ouch! Fuck Flo! That hurts!" I say, doing my best to stay seated while Florence styles my hair in the most painful manner possible.

"I'm sorry, jeez! And here I thought you liked it rough..." Florence says cheekily. I glare at her from the reflection in the mirror. Florence smirks. "Oh come on! This is the first time I've ever gotten you ready for something that I didn't have to spend a half hour covering bruises all over your neck and chest!" She exclaims. I can't really argue, she has a point.