Chapter 16: All's Well That Ends Well

Y/N POV

"Good morning, Mush!" Hailee exclaims through the phone. I can't help but smile widely at her. Seeing her face and how excited she seems to be seeing me and talking to me is an incredible feeling, especially after the weirdness of the last few days.

"Good morning babe!" I croak out, glancing at the clock across the room. It's barely 5 in the morning my time, but Hailee is already up and out.

"I'm sorry it's so early." She says with a small giggle when she hears my sleepy morning voice. "I just wanted to call you before I get going and see your face real quick. I miss you like crazy. I'm so ready to be back home with you." She says.

"Me too. Still planning on coming back today?" I ask, hoping that she'll say yes.

"Yes ma'am! I'm on my way to my last shoot and I'm going to the airport from there. My flight leaves this afternoon. Which means I should be home for dinner with you!" She says with a smile.

"That sounds perfect! Any requests? I'm happy to cook for you." I say sincerely, wanting to take care of her since I haven't been able to while she's been away.

"Surprise me. Anything will be amazing if you make it." She says.

"I'll make something extra special for you." I reply, and she smiles at the sentiment.

"Thank you for everything you do for me, my love. I appreciate you." She says softly. Before I can reply, her driver says something muffled in the background.

When her eyes flick back to her phone, her previously bright expression looks a bit more downcast. "I've gotta go baby, I'm pulling up to the location now. I'll call you when I get to the airport, ok?" She says.

I nod my head and pull the covers up closer to my neck, already preparing to fall back asleep for a few more hours. I let out a yawn, which makes Hailee laugh.

"You're so cute when you're sleepy." She adds.

"Thank you. Now go break the cameras with how hot you are. Just call me later. Be safe and I know that I love you." I say.

"I love you most. Talk to you later. Bye, Mush." She says.

"Bye, Haiz." I say, ending the call.

Before I put my phone back on the nightstand, I see that I've received a few texts both overnight and this morning.

The first message I see is from my assistant, David. Figuring it has something to do with work, I check his message first.

David - Work
Hey y/n. Sorry to bother your personal phone on the weekend, but I just wanted to give you a heads up...Kevin wants you in for a meeting Monday morning, 8am. No biggie, just Moon Knight stuff. Enjoy your Sunday!

Great. Looks like I won't even get to spend the morning in bed with Hailee tomorrow. Oh well, duty calls.

Next, I see a message from Scarlett.

Scarlett
Babes! For real though. Get your ass to New York. Hailee is good, but you're great. I miss you.

Her message makes me smile. How fortunate am I to have such amazing people on my life? Knowing she's on east coast time, I go ahead and reply.

                                                                   Babes
Aw, Scar! You better be careful, your soft spot is showing! But I miss you too. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it work. I'll fly out soon, I promise!

I send the message and move on to the next message, which happens to be from my brother.

Fletcher
Tiny! How much do I have to pay you to come help me pack for my move to Mass? Just looking at all my things is stressing me out.