Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

Y/N POV

"Hailee you are fucking insane do you know that?! Like you're actually a crazy person! This is too much!" I exclaim as I stand in the entryway of our new house. It's massive. It's got way too much space for just the two of us.

Hailee giggles but keeps her hand in mine, despite my freak out. I pull my eyes away from my surroundings and look over at my girlfriend who has the biggest grin I've ever seen on her face.

"Come on, Mush! There's so much for you to see!" Hailee is radiating with joy, and I don't blame her. I've barely made it twenty feet past the front door and I'm already in love with this house.

As Hailee leads me through the massive space, it doesn't take me very long to realize that this not only is the biggest house I've ever been in, but it's also the nicest, and that's saying something. I've been in the Steinfeld home and Scarlett Johansson's house.

At least now when Griffin shows up at random he won't be stuck sleeping on the couch....

My jaw drops as we walk into a large room already filled with appliances. The kitchen. "You like it? I know how much you enjoy cooking, and you know how much I enjoy eating, so I wanted to make sure you had the best space possible to do that in." Hailee says as I look around the room.

"Do I like it?! Hailee this kitchen is amazing! We are seriously never eating takeout again! I promise I will cook you the best meals in this kitchen! And I'll teach you not to burn the house down." I say excitedly, already thinking about the fun times I'm sure we'll have in here.

With every room Hailee leads me to, I'm more in shock than the last. We've got so much space that I honestly don't even know what to do with most of it. As we walk through the house, Hailee talks about her ideas for what to do with some of the spaces.

"I was thinking of maybe using this room as a music studio so I can work on that from home. Because I definitely want to be home with you as much as I can when you're able to be home, because I know you're going to be traveling more." She explains her thought process. It makes me smile that she wants to and is willing to make changes to how she typically operates so that we can spend as much time together as possible.

This house also has a theater room, multiple guest rooms with their own bathrooms, and several spaces that will be well-suited for entertaining.

"Close your eyes babygirl." Hailee says softly as she pulls me to a stop as we reach the top of the grand staircase. I do as she asks on instinct, but I can't resist the urge to give her a hard time.

"You better not let me fall! It's not exactly like I'm familiar with this place yet!" I exclaim playfully, but trying to sound more serious than I am. I hear Hailee giggle from beside me as she squeezes my hand in hers.

"I'm not going to let you fall, Mush. I'll never let you fall. And even if you did, I'd catch you. I'll always catch you." She says softly and sincerely before placing a gentle kiss to my lips.

"I know you will, Haiz. I'd never doubt that." I reply with equal earnest.

She leads me what I assume is down a hallway until pulling me to a stop again. I hear my girlfriend take a deep breath before she speaks. "Alright. Open your eyes." She whispers.

When my eyes open, I'm absolutely blown away. We're standing in what I can only assume is the master suite. It's a large room with vaulted ceilings, with two areas separated by a dual-sided fireplace.

"Welcome to our new bedroom baby!" She says softly, eyeing me intently. I look back at Hailee with wide eyes. "This is our bedroom?!" Hailee just smiles brightly and nods her head.