Family ties

*Gilbert Residence,Elena wakes up. She hears a noise. She gets out of bed.*
Elena: Hello? Jeremy?Aria? Hello?(Elena tries to turn on the light, but the power is out.)
Logan (on TV): This is Logan Fell coming to you live from the streets of Mystic Falls with breaking news of another deadly animal attack. The wild animal terrorizing the citizens of Mystic Falls has claimed another victim, local high school student Elena Gilbert. Police are certain that forensic evidence will confirm that this is the same animal responsible for recent attacks.
Damon: You know what's coming next.(Elena runs. She opens the front door, sees Damon, and slams it shut. She slowly walks towards the stairs, but Damon grabs her and bites her neck.)

*Salvatore Boarding House,Stefan wakes up in his bedroom.*
Stefan: Ahh!
Damon: Bad dream? Do you know how easy it was to get into your head just now? You really need some human blood. It might even the playing field. Football reference. Too soon.(Stefan throws a knife at Damon, hitting him in the stomach. Damon pulls it out.)All right, I deserved that. But I just wanted to let you know, they caught the culprit. The animal responsible for killing coach Tanner and all those people.
Stefan: What are you talking about?
Damon: It was a mountain lion. Really big one. It attacked a hunter this morning. It's all over the news. "Deadly beast captured. All's well in Mystic Falls."
Stefan: Why would you cover your tracks?
Damon: I've decided to stay a while. And I'm just having way too much fun here with you and Elena,maybe also Aria
Stefan: Can't touch them now.
Damon: Well, the vervain keeps me out of there head. Maybe that's not my target. Believe it or not, Stefan, some girls don't need my persuasion. Some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style and my charm and my unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift.(Damon stabs Stefan in the stomach. It clearly hurts Stefan more than it did Damon, for Stefan falls to the floor.)
Damon: This is John Varvatos, dude. Dick move.(Stefan removes the knife,later Stefan is writing in his diary.)
Sheriff Forbes (on TV): I can confirm that a 12-foot puma mountain lion attacked a hunter and was subsequently shot and killed. The hunter is in stable condition.
Stefan: The real animal is still out there, waiting for me, challenging me to fight back, to stop him. But how do I stop a monster without becoming one myself? I can try to ask Aria for help but she would kill him instead of capturing him.

*Gilbert Residence*
Logan (on TV): To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught.
Jenna: Scum ball. Scum bucket.
Elena: Who are you talking to?
Jenna: Him.
Elena: The news guy?
Aria: I believe you mean scum fell.
Jenna: Exactly,Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?
Elena: Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute.
Aria:Ew! Elena! That is,I declare that you are no longer my sister. If anyone asks,we are not related.(Elena rolls her eyes and throws some popcorn at Aria)
Jenna: He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him. What are you doing with that?
Elena: I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display.
Jenna: Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?
Elena: Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring.
Jeremy: How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on eBay?
Aria:I don't know,maybe 300 dollars.(her and Jeremy smile at each other)
Elena: You two are not gonna find out.
Aria: cool it down sis, it was a joke.
Jeremy: That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away.
Elena: I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy.(Doorbell rings.)
Stefan: Hi.(Elena drags him in the house and kisses him passionately.)
Elena: Hi.

*In Elena's bedroom.Stefan and Elena are making out. Stefan is kissing Elena's neck when he looks in her mirror and sees his face has transformed. He sits up.*
Elena: Are you okay?
Stefan: I'm good. Sorry.
Elena: Maybe we should press pause.
Stefan: Yeah, you're probably right. That was getting a bit...
Elena: Yeah.
Stefan: Yeah.
Elena: How do you look in a suit?
Stefan: I can pull one off.
Elena: How about tomorrow night? Will you be my date to the Founder's Party?
Stefan: They still do that?
Elena: Have you been before?
Stefan: No, the Salvatores don't get invited anymore.
Elena: Well, this year, there's this heritage project that meant a lot to my mom. She was really involved in the founder's council, and it was her favorite party. I know it sounds really boring, but—
Stefan: I would be honored to accompany you, Miss Gilbert.
Elena: The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Salvatore.