Chapter 20

I screamed as Gabe fell to the ground. I felt every second of it. It hurt like hell.

"No!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

No no no no no no no no NO!

I felt a sudden tingling sensation. I looked through teary eyes to see black flames crawling on my body.

I shifted to myself and saw that my hands and wings were on fire. My hair was midnight black and I had my lacy dress on. I walked towards James and felt the flames growing.

James looked scared now. I walked towards him. He didn't move at all. I gently placed my hands on the side of his face. I saw the flames lick his face and watched as his face slowly melted.

When it was finally done, I rushed over to Gabe. He hadn't moved since James stabbed him. 

"Gabe. Gabe! GABE!" He didn't respond. I was shaking his shoulder.

"No!" I wailed, clutching his body, avoiding the knife. It felt like hours, but it was only a few minutes. I cried my heart out then.

Eventually, Gabe's body started getting lighter and lighter. It dissolved into his wing colored feathers.

I grabbed one, a pretty one, and held it in between my hands. I imagined it crystalized and when I looked back down, the feather was covered in a black diamond. A chain suddenly appeared with it and I put it on my neck. It fit perfectly.

I was only happy about one thing, I had avenged Jasmine and Gabe.

Jasmine was crying. It hurt me. I layed there on the field. Eventually, darkness consumed me.

Why me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a heartless person. I wasn't even crying when I wrote this chapter. Damn.